Anybody have extra goat milk in the NC/SC area?

iamcuriositycat

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks to our wonderful legal system, it's incredibly difficult to find goat milk around here. We have a couple wethers, but we are just not ready for milking yet.

But I just found out my middle son is probably mildly allergic to cow's milk, and anyway we adore goat milk and would like to find some locally that I could pick up once a week. We prefer raw.

Anyone?

iamcuriositycat

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thank you! I really appreciate that. I do check my local craigslist pretty often, and the closest I've found is about an hour drive, unfortunately. I still go get it occasionally, but only really occasionally.

I should have been more specific in my location--I'm on the West side of Charlotte, NC, near both I-85, and I-485, so I'm looking for milk less than an hour from here in any direction--Rock Hill, Gastonia, Kannapolis, etc.

And thanks for the reminder about why I'm purchasing it. It really frustrates me, too. But, just for the record, I do have a cat who thrives on raw foods and loves goat milk, so I'm actually purchasing it for her. If some accidentally makes its way into our diet, it's purely incidental.

countrybound

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Hey Im about 2 hrs from you in greenville sc. There's not much in the way of craigslist postings around here too. That being said there were 3 posting yesterday. Strange so many but check them out I think they were all for Nigerian dwarfs.

jlbpooh

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
One of our friends gets goat milk from a guy that has Saanens. The guy used to live in Fort Mill, but I think he moved to Chester county now. I can try to get the number for him if you like. Our friend still goes down to get the milk for himself, maybe he could pick up extras everytime for you to pick up in Fort Mill.

iamcuriositycat

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I did look through craigslist again and contacted a few people who were offering goat milk products. One said he doesn't have any milk right now, but when he does I could pick it up about a half hour from here (in March or so).

jlbpooh--please do give my contact info to your friend. My email address is heather at careyhead dot net. Thanks so much!