BarredRockMomma (I'm still here)

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Just an update. Things are going much better thank you for all the paryers. Please keep them comming. :hugs

On the animal front. All the cats are fixed and have homes. :bow Last month Bea was bread with Apollo so start the pinnk thoughts now, she is due March 26, 2013. Lst time she went right on her due date :fl I am planning on taking that week off from work so I won't miss it.

I think in Feb I will breed Caroline with Beau Tye. :hu but we will see.

Again thank you for all the suppoprt. I don't know what I would do with out you there to help pick up the peices and keep them mostly in place. :love

Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving :weee

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
BRM, just read through your journal..I totally understand about not having enough to do.I work for the DoD as a unit mail clerk in a training brigade.I am lucky if I have more than 10 pieces of mail to deal with on a day..I am literally finished with all my work in less than an hour.But I have to be there until 1600...I just use the time to surf,read BYH and research goat info..Also daily check CL for good goat deals.That is how I ended up with my Lamancha, she was posted on CL as a registered lamancha doeling for $150.oo..That is an awesome price as they go for $300.oo and up around here.I love her, just waiting for her to come into heat so I can take her to be bred.Plan on breeding her to a Nigerian because I want a Minimancha.Will take her to the same breeder that my Nigerian doe is at right now to be bred (I miss my baby)........

Have you heard anything on the move to Palestine? I have been through there numerous times traveling from my area to my dads in Southern Louisiana..It sure is a beautiful area, pretty,green, lots of trees....My part of Texas is on the edge of the Great Plains, is dryer, and not near as pretty..You'll find us Texans are good folk and very friendly..Would love to see you make the move...................................Mike

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Mike I would trade you places in a heart beat. At least you don't have to spend the day trying to look busy. I just wish that the work load was steady. This week for example Monday and Tuesday I was swamped with almost more that I could handle, today I am going slow to make the work last a little longer. I do spend the down time on here or looking at all the goats that I want. I just need to win the power ball then I can get the land and goats that I want. Until then I will dream and work on my breeding plan.

At this point I have not heard about Palestine. I do have a friend in the area talking to people trying to make things happen for us. I am just waiting to see if she finds anything for us. I hope she does I am ready to move and start the next part in my life, right now I fell like the pause button has been pushed and I am just waiting for the play button. I will keep everyone posted if any thing changes.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
That kind of job is so frustrating...did a one year government contract job years ago in a welfare office...by morning coffee break my work for the day was done and it made me nuts...I talked to my supervisor and he said...bring a book to read...what??? Finally told him I couldn't stand it and he added more work to my day...that lasted to noon...and I did not renew my contract when that year was up. Got a job at a law office for half the pay and tons of work...more deadlines than possible to fill everyday and the work day just flew by so quickly...really liked that so much better!!!

Hope your plans for your move are meant to be :fl

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Last night I was showing my mom all the CHristmas pictures and I realized. That if I were to see most of you that I would keep walking not knowing you, but if you had one of your animals with you I would reginoize the animal. I know the faces of Lady Gaga and Katy Parry, I know Moses, and so many others. I mentioned to my mom that I know many of your animals by sight but not the people that go with them.

Also in other news I am applying for a job with the DOJ :fl It is here in Salt Lake so no moving just more $

I will add more this afternoon after I get my work done.

bonbean01

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really hope that job turns out :fl

And you are so right about not knowing what the person looks like...just their animals :lol:

Photos of me are on my old computer, and can't use the CD burner because it does not work...all photos on my new computer are just of my animals and granddaughters...can you tell what my priorities are from that?

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ok here comes another one of my plans. :fl I have applied for several jobs and have heard nothing back soo. I am begining to think that I am supposted to stay right where I am, both myself and my mother have been looking for ways to make more money from home. Then the other day our quartlerly DD (Dwarf Digest) showed up in the mail, with an add for help with the adds, it's a comission only job. Mom emailed and looks like she got it. :weee So if you want to advertise in the DD PM me and we can work it out. I will also post in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread as soon as I have more info.

Now the other thing that we are going to do is start working on a plan to raise and sell meat goats. Now I know very little about meat goats :hu so it will require a lot of reading a research. Of course I am open to what everyone on here has to say. I am working on reading all the member pages/Breed pages on meat goats. Just so you know fainters are out, don't need or want the rush that would come with finding the heard fainted. I also plan on looking into selling goat beauty products at farmer's markets and other such things. So I am working on a breeding plan with my ND's so that I will have the milk that I need for that. Then there is also the though of bees to go with the beauty products. So I will have to look into having my own vs. buying from others and that hole ball of wax. I will also be looking for 5 to 10 acres to buy or rent close to the house to raise the meat goats. I also want to look into the possibility of co-oping the meat goats with someone who all ready has the land.

Then on top of that I need to get chickens sent to the processors, make/clean ect my milking kidding barn. :barnie It was great until the stupid white chickens took it over. So that will mean a weekend of cleaning out and spraying down with vingar or maybe vodka (no smell) Then another weekend of getting it set up all this before March 26th when Bea is due. I will be starting a kidding thread when it gets close. I also will need to find the time to clean out the barn and make stalls in it for the horses and the goats. The plan is that the bucks will go out there and have a "goatie" door to thier own yard. This of course will mean moving Howard out there with Beau. Howard is Beau's rooster. I will post more about him when I get a little more time and I can get my head to stop spinning with all the other ideas and plans that are in there.