BarredRockMomma (I'm still here)

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I can't wait to bring her home in a few months. I will also be bring home one more girl from the same farm. I just have to wait un til March to see how many does there are to pick from. Here is a pic of her sister. I did have first pick between the two. The one that I picked likes to be held and to cuddle,

4739_img_3393-354x293.jpg

Southern by choice

Herd Master
Reaction score
She is adorable. What will you name her?

OK, I'm a dork...just scrolled down and saw not one but two pics of kids. :rolleyes: How did I actually miss a pic...I can see missing a post but a whole pic.... ???

So, I will try that again.... What will you name them? :D

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I had to pick one of the two little girls. I wish I could have both of them. I picked the first one. Her name is Mae. She is the half sister to my wether Capone, as in Al Capone. So I figured that I should name her after any real life sisters that he had. So I did the research and found out he had one sister Rose. Well that name won't work for me because I all ready have a Rosie. So the research contuined and I learned that Al Capone was married. :ep and his wife's name was Mae. So before going to meet the girls I had the name in mind. I pick up both girls and loved them and lots of the 15 babies running around :weee When I was holding my little girl Miss Mae fit her so between that and the fact that she wanted to be held and cuddled she stole my heart and will come home when it warms up a lot.

If any one in the Intermountain West is looking for ND babies PM me and I can connect you with my breeder.

greenbean

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Congrats on the new little girl! She's adorable :love

BarredRockMomma

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
OK I now declare that winter has been here too long and it is time for all the cold and ice to leave. :he This morning as I was leaving for work I heard one of the goats crying so I headed out to check on him. Well about 3/4 of the way across the yard I slipped on the snow/ice and fell. :somad If I was an NHL goalie it wouldn't have been a problem but I'm not, so I landed on my knees/butt with my legs to the side. Now I hurt but I can move didn't break anything just streched musels that havn't streched that way in a long time. I had to dig my phone out of my back pocket and call mom to come out and help me up. I then called dad to let him know that I was going to be late for work and he offered to leave work and come pick me up so that I don't have to drive at all today. :hugs for daddy. I did check on the goat and he was fine he was just calling to the girls in the other yard to come out of thier shelter so he had some one to play with.

Thank you for the complments on my new girl. I will let you know when she is comming home. :bun

bigmike

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
:hugs , sorry about the fall..hope everything is alright ....I agree with you, i'm ready for winter to be over, ready for spring so i can get the garden started.....But my winter and your winter are a little different..It was 45 this morning for a low but supposed to be around 30 tonight...