Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
9:40 AM taking a water break. Humidity is back, sweat rolling off me like I’m sitting in a water sprinkler. Had to set a bale of hay for the sheep. Have to remove a hog panel and half hog panel to get to the cage I set it on. I got all the dead hay pitchforked out and all cleaned up. Got to cool off before I get on the tractor and finish up.

Going to 105F today, triple digits through September 4.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got hay bale set and panels put back together. Anatolians let me get the tractor out, then complained about the heat. Or rather, SHEBA did. Sheba “talks”. She skipped the polite Roo Roo Roo and went straight to barking at me. Sheba holds the exalted position of Speaker Of The Pack. She belongs to an Independent Political Party and the other dogs cast their vote with what she says. I should take her to Congress. SHEBA could straighten everything out.

It was only 10:40 and the dogs bailed on me. Can’t blame them, even the wind is hot. Sheep have a fresh hay bale, I topped off their water and put out fresh mineral.

Sitting on back porch, with iced coffee leftover from this morning.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had run out of mineral for the cows and they tossed the feeder trays around for a week. I filled them up yesterday. I can't say for sure if they knew that the smaller bag contained mineral... or if they thought I was bringing a whole bag of feed into the pasture, but they came RUNNING and stood there scarfing up great big licks once I dumped it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
FIRE! Fire on my road today. A tractor caught on fire, caught the field on fire. Field surrounded by forest, that come right up against my house. I loaded a few valuables in the truck, couple changes of clothes. Have trailer hitched, backed up to chute for loading sheep. Plan was to load as many as I could, grab dogs and make a run for it. Leaving truck and trailer there tonight and tomorrow.

And I have jury duty tomorrow.