Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You guys are all getting cool, and we're doing the warm up and bake routine here -- and that's not baking in the oven either! Enjoy the cool, eventually it'll come back here too. Sitting here with iced coffee on a break from outside.
How well I know what your weather is! Iced coffee is so good when it’s so hot!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMG_5130.jpeg

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know many people are against mulberry trees. But I like them, and like to eat the mulberries. They do grow fast, so of course are short lived....
Mulberries make really tasty jelly. Pretty trees too. A little messy from the berries but if the sheep wio eat all the fallen fruit no problem.

Good to know that I can move to Texas and get a smokin' hot body even while eating all the Blue Bell I want! Can't wait to move to Texas!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sunday evening Chris and I put the camper on the truck.

71910396590__BF4D956E-B8E6-421F-968C-DB96FB9435BD.jpeg

Then we captured Mr. White, a 4 month old ram that I took to Arkansas. Goatgurl bought him, she used to be on BYH, but hasn’t been in awhile. She needed a ram, I sent her pictures and she dubbed him Mr. White.

Mr. White got put in the back of the truck.

IMG_5182.jpeg

IMG_5183.jpeg

I left at 4:45 AM Monday. I met Goatgurl in Texarkana at Waffle House. I had breakfast and coffee, she only had coffee.

I had put a dog collar on Mr. White and attached a leash. Sure didn’t want him getting loose in a parking lot! So I crawled in over the tailgate and grabbed the leash, handed it to Goatgurl, crawled back over the tailgate and dropped it. We pulled Mr. White to the tailgate, I grabbed his back end, she grabbed his front. We stuffed him in a large dog carrier. He wasn’t too happy, but he had room to turn around in it.

IMG_5185.jpeg

IMG_5184.jpeg

This is Mr. White at my place, before he toured Texas and Arkansas.

IMG_4795.jpeg

We both went on our way. She got him home, pulled the car in a pen and opened the door. She had blocked it ohh so she could keep him in the pen for a couple of weeks. BUT the goats knocked it down, goats and ewes came in to tell the new guy hello. He hopped out and was a happy little ram.

I got to Mike and Teresa’s after dark. Mike made shrimp and sausage gumbo! It was delicious. We visited then I slept like a rock.

@farmerjan came in Tuesday evening. We got to enjoy some of @ Mike CHS famous BBQ ribs he’s always posting pictures of!

Here comes a truck down the driveway. I’ll be back.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
And pulled pork. Mike made Carolina sauce. I’ve always heard about the Carolina mustard BBQ sauce, but never had any. It was good! I think I consumed half of it by myself. I brought the rest home!

Farmerjan brought potatoes! ALL kinds of potatoes! She had them in sacks, labeled with the names. Teresa and I picked out what we wanted and took the rest to her neighbors that are raising 4 great grandchildren.

It was wonderful to meet @farmerjan after all the phone conversations we’ve had!

Mike had been running Babs, former bottle lamb, now overly friendly sweetheart, and Rocky through the chute to calm Rocky down a little.

IMG_5208.jpeg

Babs said, ME! Take a picture of ME!

IMG_5207.jpeg

Mike’s Magic, an animal cracker, has worked its wonders on Rocky.
He STOMPS his foot, snatches the animal cracker and runs. Babs would take all of them if Mike let her. LOL

IMG_5209.jpeg

More pictures of Rocky. Mike had started calling him Rocky. I like it, so he is Rocky.

IMG_5210.jpeg

IMG_5215.jpeg

Then we stuffed him in the back of the truck yesterday morning. I left at 6:50. Got home last night at 8:10. Long day, included an hour at a standstill on I-40 because of a wreck.

Got Rocky unloaded into the front yard. He had grass and water. Ringo 2.0 was in the pen with the dog kennel and they stayed next to each other. This morning I moved Rocky in the pen with Ringo 2.0. Ringo had feed, Rocky had to figure out how to get in the kennel.

IMG_5222.jpeg

Rocky

IMG_5223.jpeg

They played ram games. Rocky is on the left. I have to look twice to tell them apart.

IMG_5225.jpeg

It was a great trip, enjoyed seeing Mike and Teresa again and meeting Jan. Had lots of fun.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Almost forgot Mel and Maisy! I think Mel remembers me from when BJ and I visited Latestarter (Joe). I called his name and Mel came for lots of love, rubs and hugs. Maisy snuck up behind me and I felt the faintest touch of her nose. Maisy is Mike’s dog and no one else’s. For her to even sniff me is the highest honor. Later on, she sniffed my hand and let me scratch her chin. One of those WOW! moments. Love those dogs!