Baymule’s Journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
My day is going to crap. I mowed in the yard with the tractor. Moved a truck and mule to mowed spot. Noticed I had a low tire. Moved tractor near back porch and carried my air compressor to the porch and plugged it in. Two things happened,
1. Air compressor ran and ran and ran, didn’t shut off. I looked closer, and it wouldn’t go over 30 PSI.
2. I looked closer at back tire on the tractor, tire was no longer sealed on the rim, I broke the bead.

Low tire on the truck, went to neighbors house and aired up tires all around. Went to post office, came home. Tried to back up to trailer but truck kept sliding sideways a little. After several tries of pulling forward and trying again, my tires started spinning and I barely got out of there. Tires on the trailer are perfect, don’t need air. Just thought I’d toss that in there.

Went in the house did a few things. Power went off. Really?

Bennett and Peggy came over to look at the tractor tire. Opinion is Jack up tractor, take wheel off and take to local tire shop to get it checked for a leak and put back on. They left on their Honda 4 wheeler. I walked down the driveway a bit and noticed a fuel trail. Not good. Is it theirs or is it mine? I checked the grass between gate and trailer, there it was. Fuel trail is mine. Truck has a fuel leak.

Sitting out on the porch to catch a breeze, power still off on the house. Won’t be taking sheep to auction tomorrow. Chris is bringing son’s tractor back this afternoon and will take a look at the truck.

Looks like I’ll keep those sheep another week. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
That is a LONG list and I'd have been having a frustration-ugly-cry by then

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
My day is going to crap. I mowed in the yard with the tractor. Moved a truck and mule to mowed spot. Noticed I had a low tire. Moved tractor near back porch and carried my air compressor to the porch and plugged it in. Two things happened,
1. Air compressor ran and ran and ran, didn’t shut off. I looked closer, and it wouldn’t go over 30 PSI.
2. I looked closer at back tire on the tractor, tire was no longer sealed on the rim, I broke the bead.

Low tire on the truck, went to neighbors house and aired up tires all around. Went to post office, came home. Tried to back up to trailer but truck kept sliding sideways a little. After several tries of pulling forward and trying again, my tires started spinning and I barely got out of there. Tires on the trailer are perfect, don’t need air. Just thought I’d toss that in there.

Went in the house did a few things. Power went off. Really?

Bennett and Peggy came over to look at the tractor tire. Opinion is Jack up tractor, take wheel off and take to local tire shop to get it checked for a leak and put back on. They left on their Honda 4 wheeler. I walked down the driveway a bit and noticed a fuel trail. Not good. Is it theirs or is it mine? I checked the grass between gate and trailer, there it was. Fuel trail is mine. Truck has a fuel leak.

Sitting out on the porch to catch a breeze, power still off on the house. Won’t be taking sheep to auction tomorrow. Chris is bringing son’s tractor back this afternoon and will take a look at the truck.

Looks like I’ll keep those sheep another week. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
When tractor tires come off the rim there is a option of wrapping ratchet strap around it down the middle and tightening it down much as possible to push it back against the bead seat. Dish soap and water help with this, if that doesn't do it, one needs a bead blaster.
I would suggest last option of what I would do, but I will FOREWARN you one could get killed trying this and I'm not saying do this, but what I would do is if there is no tube in the tire is take the tire off, lay it flat, remove the valve core, spray between the rim and tire bead with starter fluid, take a 4 to 6 ft stick with tip on fire, stick it to it and DUCK!!!

I have had good luck with JB Weld Water Weld after all gas has drained out and sprayed the area clean with brake cleaner.
Screenshot 2024-07-25 at 07-09-36 JB Weld water at DuckDuckGo.png

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is a LONG list and I'd have been having a frustration-ugly-cry by then
I have my “pitching a hissy fit” moments, but although frustrating, yesterday was tolerable. Sometimes I just have to go hug my dogs and or sit with my sheep and give them scratches.

Latest posts