Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Terrifying... :eek:

I'm glad that it was out quickly. Did it spread far or cause very much damage?
They got it contained rather quickly. Big effort was to not let it get into the forest. Had 3 volunteer fire departments and the forest service. My neighbor Bennett, was there with his tractor, fighting the fire too.

I was very calm, knowing that if I left, I might come home to rubble. I don’t think all my sheep would fit in the trailer. 2 neighbors offered to load sheep on their trailers, but there might not have been time, if the fire hit the woods.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My daughter just sent me this, with a single word. She is the blue dot.

Jealous?

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 7.51.44 AM.jpeg

Finnie

Herd Master
Reaction score
Developers are trying to steal the land, offering pennies to desperate people still in shock from the destruction. Evil vultures.
Hopefully they have insurance and won’t have to sell. But I imagine the insurance companies are going to be hard pressed, with all of that at once.

Maui is where my daughter and son-in-law went last winter when DH and I babysat in Chicago. SIL’s parents have a time share there. DD was telling me that the time share is fine. I guess it’s about a mile away from the destruction. But every building and place they had been to, the main tourist strip, is all gone. And all of the native historical buildings and artifacts. And of course, so many lives lost. Just awful.

I’m so glad your local fire didn’t turn into a big one.