~ Betty's Kidding thread ~ SHE IS!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Sweet betty is very gentle in her movements now. She used to be the cannon-balling,
Curious, Compost-bin-Queen.... Maybe she wants to be careful with those babies ??? She does not jump of the steps with such force but acts like Kisses did the day she kidded; ( Was not active at all..). She has not attempted to jump on the bench or compost bin
today or the past few days. She waddles around,(thats how I would describe it) and is very calm. She is still standoffish then, she
begs for attention. I still love her though. my baby... :love

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Betty stayed put in her corner till I filled up her feed bowl and water again. She has NEVER ate so much in her life!!! I could not believe as she went again and ate MORE!!! But, If she is a mama she's got to feed her babies!! :weee

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
She ate more food then rested in her corner. When I went in a while ago she was making a nest with hay all over her
head !!! :lol:

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
I went in earlier today and Betty had some hay stuck to her bottom and back legs !!! :gig
I tried to check to see if she was goopy but, she would not let me touch her. :/
Her leg looked we/goopy though ... Maybe some stuff leaked down to her leg ???

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Betty is getting BIGGER and her udder is getting BIGGER. She keeps her tail STRAIGHT up now and makes a nest almost every night so that means I think
she is going to kid every night. :rolleyes: Boy... She's a tricky one.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
O.k. The breeder called a few weeks ago to inform me that almost ALL of her herd has kidded. The bucks got out 3 dates.
Today; 5 months ago her bucks got out. So.... Betty has made a little nest in her hay and stares at her stomach. She squats a lot but no pee comes out.
I think we're close!!! ;)