~ Betty's Kidding thread ~ SHE IS!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
Take a picture of her udder and we can probably help you better. If her udder is really shiny and big then she is close to kidding. If it is just a little bigger than usual it is just "getting ready".
I did but its so hard to see it because its covered in fur ... I'm going to the party ... :cool:

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
I did but its so hard to see it because its covered in fur ... I'm going to the party ... :cool:
I went .. I came back ... no kids ...

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
If you think she is preggers, then I would trim the hair on her udder and her back end. Good luck with her!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Sunny & the 5 egg layers said:
If you think she is preggers, then I would trim the hair on her udder and her back end. Good luck with her!
I think that will be tricky .. she never lets me touch her udder or anything under her ...

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Oh, OH, Elevan just posted it. Here is Rolls Farm's Kidding page. It has some great kidding pictures, but best of all, it has those great UDDER pictures of what a pre-kidding udder looks like. It is a MUST read.

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
Oh, OH, Elevan just posted it. Here is Rolls Farm's Kidding page. It has some great kidding pictures, but best of all, it has those great UDDER pictures of what a pre-kidding udder looks like. It is a MUST read.
Yes I read that !!! Isn't that awesome ??? Betty's udder is about the size of kisses the day she kidded just a wee bit smaller ...

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Well Betty was VERY vocal when I went out today and she did that ripple/contraction thingy with her tail STRAIGHT up in the air !!! She did that for a while and then came back eager for her breakfast and for more
hay in her hay feeder. She was very loving to me and I was glad I bought her from the breeders; she is loving the extra attention she gets here... :weee .... When is it going to happen folks ??? Can YOU guess the date ???

redtailgal

Reaction score
Have you felt for her ligs? Might be good to try.....you have an open doe to compare it too.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
Won't pick a date. Will keep watch though.

Hoping Betty kids soon so you can calm down. Not good for you either.

K

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
I am guessing now that she's got 2-3 kids in there and is not going to kid til Feb.
Why ??? Because her stomach looks bigger.... I think those babies are still growing.
And all those things that I said were contractions were those babies turning like queen mum said.
Now I know what one really looks like !!! So I am going to relax and know that goats have been kidding for
1,000 s of years ..... She's done it 4 times .... I think she can do it again. I'm not going to sit up all night staring at her.
If one morning I wake up and she's kidded I'll do what I need to and then let Betty do the rest. I am relaxed now. :cool:

Latest posts