~ Betty's Kidding thread ~ SHE IS!

Mamaboid

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
This is a really good website for kidding information, by the way and has TONS of information about goats and goat care.
I love the FiasCo websight

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I do too. That website has so much information that whenever I have a couple bucks to spare I donate. That is where I got my milkstand plans and my kidding sheet and SO MUCH MORE! Molly is awesome. I also learned how to do my own fecals from her website!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
I do too. That website has so much information that whenever I have a couple bucks to spare I donate. That is where I got my milkstand plans and my kidding sheet and SO MUCH MORE! Molly is awesome. I also learned how to do my own fecals from her website!
WOW :ep neato !!!

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
O.k. I think we are close .... Last night betty had the hay scattered all over the barn pushed here and pushed there .... She was all jumpy too ....
Kisses looked so tired but betty was Shaking & excited ! This morning there were no kids but,I have a feeling they are coming soon !!!! :th

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
O.k..... So I was looking at Betty this morning and she did that stretchy thing that Fiasco farms said that move means the kids are getting in the position to kid !!!
AND ... I've NEVER seen her do that before ... this is the FIRST time !!!!! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
I'm kidding... I'm just KIDDING !!! That what Betty does ... Its like she's teasing me .... I'm Kidding,I'm just kidding, I'm kidding, I'm just kidding....
I saw her hunch over and It looked like it was TIME !!! Then, boom she falls on the ground so tired ... Poor thing.... She stays up a lot at night sometimes and I bet she
is uncomfortable. I have to go to a new years eve party tonight but, my friends understand and know I might not be able to come so, should I leave betty ???
Or stay and watch ??? :idunno

greenfamilyfarms

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
O.k..... So I was looking at Betty this morning and she did that stretchy thing that Fiasco farms said that move means the kids are getting in the position to kid !!!
AND ... I've NEVER seen her do that before ... this is the FIRST time !!!!! :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate
I've seen them do that months or weeks before they were due to kid. :hide

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
greenfamilyfarms said:
SmallFarmGirl said:
I've seen them do that months or weeks before they were due to kid. :hide
:hide Don't hide !! I need all the help I can get !!! O.k. I heard they were supposed to do that the day they kid ... Maybe wrong ??? :hide

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
I have to go to a new years eve party tonight but, my friends understand and know I might not be able to come so, should I leave betty ???
Or stay and watch ??? :idunno
Still need help ... She seems like she is not going to kid but, she could start acting about 1-2 hours before right ?? I just want to be here when it happens !!!

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
I think you are safe to go. Unless her tail is really arching up like the picture on the bottom of the Fias Co farms site and she has no ligaments. You are safe. Remember, she's been posturing for days. SO she might just be practicing. It could go on for days or even weeks. Take a picture of her udder and we can probably help you better. If her udder is really shiny and big then she is close to kidding. If it is just a little bigger than usual it is just "getting ready".

Somebody posted 'udder pics' a while back. I'll see if I can find the link.

Latest posts