~ Betty's Kidding thread ~ SHE IS!

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
Kisses was full term .. Her baby was ready and perfect. I understand what you mean.
Oh sorry, I didn't know if you knew for sure how far a long Kisses was when she kidded.

20kidsonhill

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
SmallFarmGirl said:
20kidsonhill said:
Remind us a little about the breeding history?

From what you said? Kisses has kidded before on your farm? And she didn't look very big then? I have never seen a goat kid and not show some of the signs of being pregnant. If anything as goats age, their rumens develop and they may look pregnant with a large rumen and not acutally be pregnant. Bot those does have very small looking rumens for being pregnant. And all though I have seen a couple does kid with very little udder developement, along with lack of rumen size, I would see they aren't very far along or not pregnant at all.

I am sorry. I know you were excited about the kids. :hugs
It is o.k. ... Here is some history:
I know most of you are used to big rumens but, I know these will develop when they eat alot of roughage. The breeder might not have given them enough hay and they had to fight for it I'm sure with that HUGE herd of hers. So you might be seeing babies where the rumen is supposed to be ??? Also kisses was full term.
She had a perfect,ready, all done kid. She just did not even look preg. when she was in her 5 mon. Anything I'm missing ??? To tell you the truth ... I know
I'm excited but, its not that. I feel it in my bones she is going to kid.... :hide
sorry for the typos. :th

One thing is for sure time will tell.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Keeping my fingers crossed that your "gut feeling" is right and she gives you a beautiful kid. :fl
It is so hard for all of us to tell when we can't actually be there to see and help you. :hugs

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
daisychick said:
Keeping my fingers crossed that your "gut feeling" is right and she gives you a beautiful kid. :fl
It is so hard for all of us to tell when we can't actually be there to see and help you. :hugs
Thanks ... and I know how you feel ... Time will tell !!! I just hope time is on MY side ...

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
Well I just saw 4 ripple shudder type contractions ??? Kind of like Sheepgirl described. :bun
Boy .... Please Betty don't kid around ... KID !!! :weee

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
Those ripples can also be a baby rolling over. BELIEVE me! I remember them well from when I was pregnant. AND from when Mama was pregnant. The kids can move around a lot when they are first active.

So they may not be contractions at all. If they are contractions, the do will be very suddenly quiet. She will lay down or stand very, very still. She may stretch her neck and yawn. She will arch her back and stretch.

Take a look here to see what her back and tail should look like.

And this is what birth should look like.

This is a really good website for kidding information, by the way and has TONS of information about goats and goat care.

Latest posts