Blessedfarmgirl's Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
They look happy and content. They bring good genetics and color to your flock. Personally I like eye candy and the never know what you are going to get!

I had so much fun with y'all yesterday. It was great meeting you and family.

Ok people, I have to tell y’all of this beautiful family. They brought lunch with them! I made blackberry cobbler, had tea and lemonade ready and we had a sweet fellowship meal. They gifted me with a dozen eggs and a half gallon of goat milk. Blessedfarmgirl’s Dad promised me it would be the best milk I ever drank and he is absolutely correct! It is delicious and really IS the BEST milk I’ve ever drank!

We analyzed fecal samples and had a hard time finding the dreaded barber pole worm eggs. Finally!! We found some and they got to see what they look like.

We loaded sheep. Blessedfarmgirl picked up Sir Lambs A Lot (gosh that’s such a cute name) and handed him to my son, he put the lamb in the trailer and Dad put him in the front section. I put a halter on Cookie and she was dragged/lifted in the trailer. Then it was decided not to use the halter on Butterfly and just run her up in the trailer. Uhhhhh, nope. She had other ideas, she ran past my son, into the yard. He and youngest sister “walked” her back to the trailer and back in the chute. Youngest sister scrambled over the side, into the chute and had the halter buckled on Butterfly in no time. She was loaded without further incident.

Before this lovely family left, Blessedfarmgirl, her 2 sisters and Dad treated my son and I to a gospel song, acapella. Such melodious voices, so beautiful! We were honored.

Y’all are an amazing family. ❤️❤️❤️

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
It WAS a wonderful visit. I was so happy to meet someone who had really been a mentor to me online. I'm glad I joined BYH or none of this would ever have happened. The blessing yesterday was definitely mutual! I can't wait to do it again in the future. I will definitely be back for a dorper cross from the Texas 5. 😁

My littlest sister came up with Sir Lambs-a-lot. We were bouncing around names this morning and I said Sir Lancelot, but she thought Sir Lambs-a-lot was better. We all agreed. He will hopefully live up to his name!

I'm glad you liked the milk, Baymule! Maybe we'll have to bring you a goat sometime...😁

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I saw this on FB today. It's very accurate! :lol:

1000002486.jpg