Blessedfarmgirl's Journal

blessedfarmgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
This past week has been a good week. I sold two bottle baby goats and paid for most of the winter's hay!:yesss: It's such a good feeling to have the barn stacked with sweet-smelling bales. My little sister has been climbing all over them. I think she wishes she could live on a haystack.
We have an official due date for one of our five ewes, Phoebe! Our ram is VERY obvious this year, so it's been easy to get our dates. Last year he did all his stuff in secret, (he was young and inexperienced too) this year, NOPE. He bred her 10 times for our viewing yesterday, and he follows her around devotedly all the rest of the time, guarding her from the little meat wethers. He is really a sweetheart, and I love having a gentle ram. No ramming from him.
We also have broken our drought and been getting rain, so I'm hopeful our grass will grow back enough for winter stockpile.
Anyways. Now I get to go out and muck the goat barn. Yay.

blessedfarmgirl

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I did it.😅I brought home my first smelly buck. He's ADGA registered, a gorgeous chamoisee and he's 7 months old. Bucks are waaaaaaaay grosser than rams, LOL. Needless to say I'm way more than excited about kids from him. I'm giving him LOH dewormer for a few days, then next week (i'm excpecting a heat from one of my does then) he'll be getting his very first date. Hopefully he can reach her, and hopefully my bratty, skittish doe doesn't run away like he's a scary monster. He isn't, I promise. He's very, very sweet.

IMG_20231009_120335899_HDR.jpg
IMG_20231009_120556420.jpg

IMG_20231009_120619608_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231009_120737738_HDR.jpg

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Well, I did it.😅I brought home my first smelly buck. He's ADGA registered, a gorgeous chamoisee and he's 7 months old. Bucks are waaaaaaaay grosser than rams, LOL. Needless to say I'm way more than excited about kids from him. I'm giving him LOH dewormer for a few days, then next week (i'm excpecting a heat from one of my does then) he'll be getting his very first date. Hopefully he can reach her, and hopefully my bratty, skittish doe doesn't run away like he's a scary monster. He isn't, I promise. He's very, very sweet.

View attachment 102246View attachment 102248
View attachment 102245

View attachment 102244
Ohhh @blessedfarmgirl im so happy for you! He’s a stunner for sure and will compliment your does beautifully😍 I’m most excited to see him paired with Iris!!!