Blessedfarmgirl's Journal

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Her genetics run through my flock. I'm happy with her regular delivery of twins and her long life. Plus she is a big pet and a favorite.

The trio you got from me should throw a lot of color in your flock. You will still get white lambs, but color too.
I'm certainly excited for that! We have pretty much all white sheep, so I'm ready for some variety. I'll be retaining all the ewes from Mocha and Butterfly probably for the foreseeable future! 😁 And Lambs-a-lot should throw color as well. I loved his mom's brown color, so excited to see if I get any like that.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm certainly excited for that! We have pretty much all white sheep, so I'm ready for some variety. I'll be retaining all the ewes from Mocha and Butterfly probably for the foreseeable future! 😁 And Lambs-a-lot should throw color as well. I loved his mom's brown color, so excited to see if I get any like that.

Lambs-a-Lot’s site, Cooper is white with several brown spots and lots of brown freckles. AND he has a few tiny black spots on his ears, so he carries black genetics also. This is going to be fun to watch!

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We've got a freezer full of home grown pork and lamb!! For a kune the pig was a good size, 186 live weight and 112 hanging weight. Can't wait to try the meat!

1000002904.jpg

1000002906.jpg

blessedfarmgirl

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Lambs-a-lot and No. 6 the wether are now separated from the flock and getting extra TLC before breeding season! They are both extremely shy. Lambs-a-lot never fully recovered from his rough start and is pretty skinny. He grew in stature, but didn't put on much weight over the past couple months. So now that he's separated I'm slowly upping his feed to get him where he needs to be weight wise. I've also not seen him show any interest in girls, (unlike my wethers, lol) or any of the other things I'd expect from an intact almost 6 month old. I'm thinking about delaying putting him in with the flock until mid-October or later, depending on if I see progress in his growth and maturity. He looks happy to have that apron off, that's for sure!

1000002949.jpg

Latest posts