Boone-My Anatolian Unicorn

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
He TRIED to tell you! When you gotta go, you gotta go! I’m sure he was embarrassed!

Over the loudspeaker…… Doggie dump cleanup on aisle 3!!!
Luckily it was right next to the restrooms. It took me a half roll of toilet paper and 3 trips to get rid of the (most obvious) evidence. I think I sprained my back. I don’t remember the Maremmas producing such enormous creations…

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
You were mortified - we .... got to laugh
Omg!! That reminds me of what happened when my granddaughter that just turned 21 yesterday was 2!
We were Christmas shopping together in this really high end kitchen store. Big store!! In the last of 3 big rooms. They were serving bourbon balls and coffee. I looked over and Jayden kept shaking her leg, every step she would shake it. Suddenly, out rolled a little ball!! As her mom noticed, she was dragging her as fast as her little legs could shuffle/shake and little bourbon balls kept rolling out her pant leg, except on closer inspection, I could tell they weren’t bourbon balls! Apparently, her diaper had come loose on one side and she must have been a little dehydrated or something because little poop balls kept rolling out her pant leg like Hansel & Gretl’s bread crumbs, marking the way to the ladies room :lol:

Horrified, Shari ( her mama) changed her and made a beeline out of the store with me trying to follow, wheezing with laughter and tears in my eyes. I swear they looked exactly like rhe bourbon balls!

We had dinner directly across the parking area with my son and his wife, and Randy. I was still dying trying to tell the story, she was trying to melt under the table and Jayden had no idea what was going on. Finally Shari calmed down and we changed the subject after beating it to death (still funny! Let me catch my breath…)

As we were leaving the restaurant I heard an audible gasp and a white faced Shari was staring in the direction of the now closed store, at a big, white, CARPET CLEANING VAN!!! 🤣

Oh mercy!! It hurts! 😂🤪🤣

Last edited:

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Great day yesterday. Kids picked up my keys and will tow Burb 200 mi tomorrow. Boone thoroughly enjoyed his fresh elk leg until it got too hot out, then he napped while I worked on embroidery…

IMG_0469.jpeg

he almost bailed over the fence after some rabids, but I caught him in time. I walked him on lawn to pee and he wanted to sniff where they had been, I noticed the post next to the gate post is rotted all the way through at the bottom, and Boone lifted his paw to the wire and the staples popped and that part of the fence leans. Not sure what to do when Fen gets here and wants to play because if they knock the fence down, I can get Fen back, but Boone’s recall isn’t yet strong enough and rabbits are EVERYWHERE, along with squirrels. I can’t leave a long line on Boone cuz he could get Fen wrapped up in it and injure him. If you have any ideas, please share!
There IS a kennel outside of the yard and I could possibly kennel one dog while tiring out another…maybe?

I have been demoted. Cody is now Boone’s favorite person. He not only gave him the elk leg, but brought him a 6 lb heart. Boone is now following him around the house 😂
He did great at dinner, staying down next to me and even put his head down when I asked, all the while smelling the best tri tip I ever had. Cody Sous Vide it.
The stairs to the bedroom are super steep and narrow. He’s been extremely cautious helping me down. He takes a step and waits until I step next to him before taking another.
He is doing really well, considering with one exception… he has seriously taken to Cody. He stayed with Cody when I went upstairs to get dressed. When Cody went upstairs Boone followed him, and left me in the living room alone . Left a while ago to go pick up the girls in Bakersfield. Boone tried to go with him. I got him back inside close the door and he stood there waiting, heard the truck start, then ran to watch him drive away through the glass front door. He was very upset before I could distract him with some chunks of elk heart 😵‍💫

IMG_0472.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
That’s some pretty embroidery. I used to do embroidery and needlepoint. You do good work!

Boone has a new best friend. Cody must be one awesome individual, dogs know.
Thank you! I do a horrible satin stitch, but it’s for the bodice of a dress I’m making the youngest granddaughter since her sister got the purple twirly she requested.
Cody is an awesome guy! I wish his brother was too 🙄

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of course Boone loves Cody --- besides the elk leg and heart ---- he knows you really love Cody.
I do…but he’s crazy obsessed with Cody! :love Cody loves big dogs, and he wants another dog, but after losing Em-mutt he avoids getting one because of his hours. I think maybe Boone senses his admiration for Boone