Buck and a female handler( Warning graphic question)

jambunny

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I used to use my stock dog when I moved goats. A couple of my big does decided to show the dog who was boss, now she moves cows but won't go near a goat. Go figure. Can I borrow yours? lol

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You might consider getting a Rattle Paddle.. If that doesn't work, step up to a Hotshot.. A Hotshot will work -- just don't ever, ever zap him unless he's got somewhere to go. Hotshotting an animal with no place to go is a good way to get squished into the mud.

Good luck with him!

crazy4cochins

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
see with having to go to those measures to have a buck is not worth it to me. So I will just be getting babies from now on.

cmjust0

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
wynedot55 said:
a sorting paddle wont work on a mean billy been there done that.
Lemme guess...he even ate the t-shirt?

:lol: :gig

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
you guys are slayin' me...

and wynedot55.. i'm just 'spectin' that no one here took you fer a lass
;-) your earlier post made me laugh

and to throw in - i'm sorry but all our critters react differently to my hubby than to me - there is something to that. i'm not so sure it has to do with the female hormones as much as the testosterone.

to protect myself i scream like a harpy and carry a big stick...and two huge dogs (just kiddin' - well about the harpy part but i have a big stick and to huge dogs who's favorite command is "guard momma")
;-)

crazy4cochins - if you are not comfortable, dont worry about it. there is nothing funny about a big animal getting the better of you. around here the buck fee is about $50. and you get to meet a lot of nice folks

:)

wynedot55

Old Bull
Reaction score
i was just saying that to show yall that i wasnt little.ive had a bull throw me into the side of a gooseneck cattle trailer before.so a billy goat wouldnt get the best of me unless he blindsided me.

ohiofarmgirl

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
when i had my corporate life i always thought i was pretty tough... i stared down the best of them.

but now i run like a little girl when my big old tom turk comes for me!! hee hee hee i swear that guy wants to peck my eyes out!

crazy4cochins

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Ohmyfarmgirl , yes stud fee seems the easy way to go.
you gotta show that turkey who's boss.lol.
I chase my mean little roosters all the time and pull up on their tail feathers(just a little) orrrrr I kinda kick them until they run off.
The buck seemed better tonight ,has anyone ever delt with a wether that acts more like a mean buck? hes crazy and so I just push him off me, it's those big horns that i am so nervous around, I wish I could keep him he's so handsome. ohh I wish I wasn't such a baby :)