BYC Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fierlin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
By the 'morning rush', they say. US time, so for you it'll probably be around midnight-ish.
I'm not hanging around for much longer, I really need to log off soon! :lol:

Guinea Fowl Galore

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score

Fierlin

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Ahh! it's up! I can't explain how excited I was when I saw that post. :lol: I think I'm going insane. :p

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem is that these forums have been patched and custom programmed to try to keep up with new browsers and browser updates. We have hit the end of what can be done and without a move this forum is going to see more and more glitches and database issues. It was known a year ago as BYC gradually became more issue plagued. It would have soon become a daily task for Rob and the techs to keep it from going down for good.

This is the side of the equation that you guys don't see. It started as a punbb platform then to fluxbb and with all the patches has turned into FrankenBB.

If you look at it this way you will understand.

You also have the bonus of all the bugs being worked out with BYC before this site gets converted.

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
kstaven said:
The biggest problem is that these forums have been patched and custom programmed to try to keep up with new browsers and browser updates. We have hit the end of what can be done and without a move this forum is going to see more and more glitches and database issues. It was known a year ago as BYC gradually became more issue plagued. It would have soon become a daily task for Rob and the techs to keep it from going down for good.

This is the side of the equation that you guys don't see. It started as a punbb platform then to fluxbb and with all the patches has turned into FrankenBB.

If you look at it this way you will understand.

You also have the bonus of all the bugs being worked out with BYC before this site gets converted.
Understand very well. My hats off to your techs for keeping it alive so long. Not a pro, but I do know a little bit about portals.

Good luck. Can't wait.

Everyone just needs to allow the bugs to be ironed out. Patience, and it all will be worth the wait.

K

Status
Not open for further replies.