Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
This dog, Commander, is their second GSD biter. He is only 2 years old and has already bitten 11 people severely. These bites are not playful nips, they are serious attacks. One SS guy ended up in hospital for several days with major wounds to his arms and thigh. Biden had another GSD, Major, when they first moved into the White House that bit the Secret Service agents and several other people. Again major bite events. Eventually he was "sent to live in the country" (probably where he enjoys himself pulling down the neighbors' livestock! LOL) Then they got this second GSD who is even worse at attacking people. After the second to last attack Jill announced a "severe leash protocol" and retraining. Looks like that was as true as the rest of the Biden statements.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not "through" with any -- sure looking into all the ways to cut cost. Some of those efforts do take more time but, less dollars. Beyond any repair/improvements for equipment or infrastructure, feeding animals is my most concerning expense to assure. The fact that I could sell animals to dramatically reduce that is obvious. It's a decision for backup.🤣

Today on news there was a report on a local orchard where you can go pick. The reporter was on site and what did I see that got my attention?? The drops! Apples that I immediately saw as feed. 🥰. It's where my mind goes.
I went peach picking with some friends a few years ago. We were late in the season & had to walk FOREVER before we got to the trees that still had reachable peaches.
By the time they Started picking, I already had both my bags full so I just sat down to eat a peach & wait for them. I had been picking up unbrused firm peaches off the ground all along the way.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
We planted 12 fruit trees last winter in Yantis and only the apple and pear survived. I will try to plant more this year, but I am not sure if they will survive. Cody says he has to replant at least one of his trees every winter. :( We had wonderful fruit trees in Van Nuys 35 years ago. Valencia and Navel trees over 100 years old, lemon tree about 70 years old, upstart apricot (from the old tree). pomegranate, and the 2 varieties of plum, peach, and fig we planted when we moved in. Wonderful fruit, nothing like the insipid stuff you buy in the markets today.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Seems it's today & tomorrow.....then you're moving on to what will hopefully be a more pleasant work atmosphere. 🤞😁. How's the week been, away from the troll?

I'm sure this is emotional, after so many years there. Try to think of it as "retiring". Yeah, I've retired 2x...just to go back, at something different. :old :D =D

You will be fine. :hugs

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've put in longer, harder hours to be able to "quit gracefully" than I think I ever did just plain'ol working. o_O
6 to 6 or a little later most days the past 2 weeks. Being in the office has been a little bit disorienting - I keep looking at the blank spot where my calendar has hung forever and stuff like that. But it's been sooo nice to just be able to focus and do my work. Today I fedex out my roll-a-dex of all of my log-in and customer contact info along with my "PO Book"... now THAT's going to be WEIRD.. Everything I do is in that book.

I'm thinking about bringing in a cake tomorrow to say goodbye.
But then again, since they've been so insistent that I don't tell anyone ( :idunno:hu ) I'll probably just quietly disappear and let them spin whatever narrative about what happened they're planning on.

I still have had to relieve 'troll' for lunches and close on Tues & Thurs and she's been SO NICE. Pleasant and friendly and just like a normal adult person at work.
🤯

Well, back to work. Since they've got me 'training' the guy in Richmond who is taking over, I've been sending LONG emails of tons of detailed instructions. We're HOPING we can squeeze in a video call today or tomorrow, but we've both been doing Month End and are Just getting our heads above water again. 🤪

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they call you for help after this, charge them $100 minimum and $100 per hour. I’d bet they wouldn’t call again.

What a shame, after all those years, just go away quietly. Not right. But it won’t matter anymore because you are on to bigger and better things.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
If they call you for help after this, charge them $100 minimum and $100 per hour. I’d bet they wouldn’t call again.

What a shame, after all those years, just go away quietly. Not right. But it won’t matter anymore because you are on to bigger and better things.
A little bit ago, the boss stuck his head in the door. "Well, I gotta go & I'm off tomorrow.. so, best of luck & I appreciate all you've done. Is that a company phone? No? Ok then. Well, good luck"

I was NOT expecting any kind of a 'send-off' but that just felt like the topper to a career of dismissiveness.
😥

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
A little bit ago, the boss stuck his head in the door. "Well, I gotta go & I'm off tomorrow.. so, best of luck & I appreciate all you've done. Is that a company phone? No? Ok then. Well, good luck"

I was NOT expecting any kind of a 'send-off' but that just felt like the topper to a career of dismissiveness.
😥
What a jerk. Special piece of work he is.