Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sit down and write out some instructions for some of the things you do, where to find things and then you will not feel "guilty" when you leave... and you cannot be available for them to call with questions.
And for the people that you have worked with outside the office, that you know and work well with, let them know you are leaving the company and that you are sorry but you will no longer be able to "fix things" at the drop of a hat for them either.
This is going to be a painful and expensive mess for the company to deal with... and it is no longer your responsibility...
You have a great future to look forward to and a new set of skills to learn and valuable abilities to take to the new company.
I think you will find this to be a really good move.
:thumbsup Have been making notes on the Oct page of my desk calendar

"Notes for the next person in this chair"
this spreadsheet found on the share drive in this folder is due on this day to thisguy@thatbusiness.com
the totals from that sheet are due to thatwoman@someplace.com on the 21st and 1st of each month
send leachate load counts to blah, blah, blah - Mrbluetruck Guy wants his weekly - all the others are monthly
etc.....

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
:thumbsup Have been making notes on the Oct page of my desk calendar

"Notes for the next person in this chair"
this spreadsheet found on the share drive in this folder is due on this day to thisguy@thatbusiness.com
the totals from that sheet are due to thatwoman@someplace.com on the 21st and 1st of each month
send leachate load counts to blah, blah, blah - Mrbluetruck Guy wants his weekly - all the others are monthly
etc.....
PERFECT.....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
And for the people that you have worked with outside the office, that you know and work well with, let them know you are leaving the company and that you are sorry but you will no longer be able to "fix things" at the drop of a hat for them either.
Send a group email to those people.

there is a TON of important, official stuff that I am the ONLY contact in this division for. Customer sites that I have to log into and download invoices, people or emails that orders have to be sent directly to, the 'special' get-it-done contacts to reach out to when something goes wrong and we need something unusual done NOW...
I suppose it would be really MEAN to take all those contacts with you . . . .
And offer to sell them back to the company :lol: 😈

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
happy can.jpg

Work Troll was scheduled to be off today and tomorrow from several weeks back. Yesterday evening she was called up to the office and they told her about her soon-to-be new reality of no help & having to do her job all on her own.
I don't know WHAT her reaction was, but an hour later both supervisors were down here telling me that Friday afternoon I was being moved to the office to finish out my last week completely away from her. o_O
It just keeps making me chuckle that the ONE thing I asked for and was refused just KEEPS circling around and around this week. Oh well, I'm just a short-timer. I've been teamed up with one of the folks at another office doing my same job. We'll be spending A LOT of time on video calls next week.

Aside from the obvious, some of the other things I'm looking forward to: Never having to wear steel-toed boots again if I don't want to. Wearing actual clothes and not static-y polyester uniforms. Having choices other than Hardees or Food Lion for lunch (when I don't bring my own). Being able to run ALL my errands ON THE WAY HOME instead of driving 30mins home, 30mins PAST home to the stores and back again.
Really, the only thing I really hate is that I'll have to find another veterinarian. My gruff country vet isn't open on weekends and will be tooo far away to get to during weekday office hours. :hit

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Vet...keep the vet. Leave work early when needed.🤷

At least next week will be quieter for you. I believe they're testing to see what she can do -- possibly someone else in your chair to observe? Then they'll know if they need to hire one or two people. 🤣. Who knows?!? Or cares (beyond them)?!?