Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I agree on keep the vet. You will be able to work it out to where you may work through lunch (eating on the "run" so to speak) and leave early to any have to vet appts. Things are calmed down with the cat and all so not like you have to make any immediate emergency/daily vet trips...
Glad to hear you will be totally away from the environment with the Troll....
Agree with @Mini Horses thoughts about testing her.
Sometimes we all need a break... am contemplating the situation at work and it might just work it's self and me, out of a job with the current gen mgr and her BS... and I might go independent with the farmers that want to pay me "direct" for services to test instead of them going totally owner sampler.....and I might just say, I am done, next year.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not looking for an opportunity with the independent testing... want to just make it a little easier on farmers that I still test for, if I decide to retire and they are left out in the cold... with this gen mgr, that does nothing to try to make the company "work better" for the customers, that is such a waste of money as a mgr.... I don't want them to get stuck, with them flapping in the wind, trying to maintain some sort of records they have been doing for years, if things get worse and I just decide to quit... excuse me.... RETIRE..... and I am just not sure what I am wanting to do, other than just tired of the stupidity of the management... and in a position that I do not need benefits and such, with medicare and supplemental ins and most of the "replacement parts" already fixed....but I am getting tired of all the BS having to do this and that and watch the total lack of caring about farms and testing that all of us long timers have developed over the years... loyalty and pride in our job and what we do for the farmer... there is no sense of pride in a job or in the company providing the service anymore... we all see it in so many things now.....and all of us that are old enough are just retiring out and not willing to deal with the stupid stuff we see all the time...
I don't know what is going to come of it... but I guess I am just getting old and "crotchety and grumpy" and not wanting the hassles that go along with "going along" with the haphazard way that things are getting done.
You, @canesisters , reached your point of not putting up with it anymore... I am getting to that point.....

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
I believe they're testing to see what she can do -- possibly someone else in your chair to observe? Then they'll know if they need to hire one or two people.
I have a feeling they will have to hire 2 people to do your job! And will have to keep replacing them because of the Troll. I wonder if she is related to someone in upper management?!

You know, like Biden's dog who is now on his 11th savage bite! Only because he is the president's dog is he allowed to maul people. I am surprised that one of the Secret Service men doesn't just haul out his gun and shoot the dog when he is attacking someone.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not "through" with any -- sure looking into all the ways to cut cost. Some of those efforts do take more time but, less dollars. Beyond any repair/improvements for equipment or infrastructure, feeding animals is my most concerning expense to assure. The fact that I could sell animals to dramatically reduce that is obvious. It's a decision for backup.🤣

Today on news there was a report on a local orchard where you can go pick. The reporter was on site and what did I see that got my attention?? The drops! Apples that I immediately saw as feed. 🥰. It's where my mind goes.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I plan on planting fruit trees in the fields just for the “drops” for the sheep. I have an American Persimmon next to sheep lot. I pick up the drops for the sheep. There are 2 in the front field, sheep will enjoy when I get that field fenced.