Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Been kinda hibernating... sorry.

Birdie is doing great. She has a "girdle" on right now because of the tension on the stitches. She was OUT when they sent her home. I carried her inside, got her set up on a super cushioney bed near the back door & camped out on the floor with her the first night. By noon the next day she was begging for treats & getting fussed at for jumping on the sofa. The 3rd day I was trying to keep her from running outside... We're just waiting till Monday when she goes back for a checkup & re-bandaging if needed.
17081172094598712855212137357123.jpg

SOMEBODY secretly called the vet & paid her bill... & they won't tell me who. But I am SOOOOO THANK-FUL to whoever it was!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

The job hunt continues.
I had an interview Wed with a manufacturing company that a good friend works for. They hire very heavily from veterans & folks with factory/machine operation experience.... but maybe my friend's constant pestering the Mgt staff & bragging on my work ethics will help.

I got a call today from the county about an application I put in for Communications Officer. Turns out that is a 911 operator & after the last few confidence shattering months, I'm not sure I could keep it together to even do that.

One of my old managers from the landfill (also not working for them anymore) contacted me to let me know his wife's company will be hiring & that she'll put a bug in their ears about me once they start taking applications.

I did, finally, get signed up for unemployment. That's really hard to do using the phone as a computer 🙄

Other than that.... not much going on.
It REALLY stinks to have plenty of time to do stuff .... but being super-frugal & refusing to spend a penny more than necessary, not doing any of it. 🪙
Working out ok though I guess. Birdie is getting time to recover inside & the house is clean. 🥴

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like things are going along "ok" ☺️. Glad to hear that. I hope you know we are here for you. Rant, whine, cry, rejoice!

Birdie has been with you a while now, has she finally settled into life? She had some issues in the beginning. Nice companion for you. She looks comfy in the picture😊

Chaos doing ok on special feed now?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like things are going along "ok" ☺️. Glad to hear that. I hope you know we are here for you. Rant, whine, cry, rejoice!

Birdie has been with you a while now, has she finally settled into life? She had some issues in the beginning. Nice companion for you. She looks comfy in the picture😊

Chaos doing ok on special feed now?
She's settled in, has her own routine & had managed to train me to do a few tricks. I still don't trust her alone in the house. Dad came up when I went for my interview so that she wouldn't have to go to the kennel. Twice now I've forgotten to put the cinder blocks against the gate & she's stayed in the yard after escaping the kennel. Once I get back to work, one of my first projects will be to repair the 'underground' radio fence & start testing her loose in the yard.
Chaos is doing great. He gave me a scare a few weeks ago, showing symptoms of being irritated again. But I realized that he had been cleaning up Birdie's bowl (just licking any leftover juice & MAYBE a kibble or two nearby) which was, I think, enough to cause trouble. I'm super careful to pick up the bowl before him & Marvin are out of the bathroom (where their Rx food is served.

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mayb you could sell some of your artwork on Etsy. Also some of the photographs like the mushrooms/fungus ones. Also see if you can get enough together to submit for calendar photos. You should submit the artwork and photos in competitions. Local Fairs have divisions for adult amateur artwork in watercolors oils, etc. Also check the local public parks for art fairs and competitions - they will let you sell your work there too. Entries are usually not framed, just matted.

Latest posts