Canesisters 2024 journal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
View from my driveway on the way in to work this afternoon.
That's where my creek crosses under the road.
20240808_181720.jpg

I really really really hope the worst of it passed with that 2pm tornado warning & I'm going to be able to get back up the drive to my house in the morning

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
View from my driveway on the way in to work this afternoon.
That's where my creek crosses under the road.
View attachment 110699
I really really really hope the worst of it passed with that 2pm tornado warning & I'm going to be able to get back up the drive to my house in the morning
:fl:fl:fl

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
All is well.
Driveway is secure (enough... I'll check it out better later). A tree down on the pasture fence took out several sections but sweet Eva stayed put. It was a fairly simple repair - took less than 30 mins. I wasn't about to tackle dismembering the tree, so cut the wire & re-ran it over the trunk.
Got everyone checked on, settled & fed. Took a shower & got a nap.
Time to look for some food.... and probably another nap.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back a couple of months ago I split a 4-pack of tomatoes with a friend. I cleared a little spot that used to be a strawberry bed & stuck them in. At the time, didn't even know the variety. Turns out that they are a vining cherry & I'm harvesting a bowl full almost daily. I made peach cobbler while my sister was here - I had forgotten how easy it was. Now I'm thinking that I will try making a tomato cobbler.... savory, not sweet.... maybe some onion & cheese..
The Tough Little Trash Tomato sprouts had such a late start, but are each (2 survived) nearly 2' tall. No blooms yet. I'm not giving up on them. If I only get 1 tomato by fall, I'll save the seeds & try again next year.
BIG NEWS in the house!!! I have a snake plant that's probably 15yrs old. It lived most of its life at the scale house, was about a foot tall just pretty much just existed. About 2yrs ago I brought it home & after trying several places I finally found a spot she loves. She's grown to almost 5' tall & has sprouted a bunch of babies.... then last week I spotted a BLOOM STALK!!!!! I've heard of them blooming but I don't think I've ever seen it!
20240810_183105.jpg

20240810_183147.jpg

😁😁😁😁😁😁

Attachments

• 20240810_183147.jpg
    20240810_183147.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 14

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's impressive. My mom had snake plants and some got pretty tall, but I can never remember a flower on any of them. Some of that might be better water than what you had at the scale house too... Good for you.

How did the visit with your sister go? Did she get a chance to relax and chill out?

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's impressive. My mom had snake plants and some got pretty tall, but I can never remember a flower on any of them. Some of that might be better water than what you had at the scale house too... Good for you.

How did the visit with your sister go? Did she get a chance to relax and chill out?
It was great. We had a little road trip = car karaoke & snacks! Watched a few movies & slept late Sunday.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
That tree that fell on the fence during the hurricane..... what I THOUGHT was a large & extensive grape vine was actually - apparently - poison oak. While fixing the fence I stepped back & forth over the tree several times. Eva had, so courteously, removed all the leaves. But you can get a lovely rash from the vines alone. My legs look like someone took a whip to me... long, raised, red lines .... and the ITCHING.

Weeeeeee 🙄

Latest posts