Canesisters 2024 journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Clorox will take the sting out and dry up the whelps and blisters. For future reference, as soon as you can, get in a tub with Clorox in the water and wash good. Most of the time you won’t even break out in a rash.

Tub of water, 1 or 2 cups of Clorox. Wash as usual with soap, get out and pat dry. One time ought to do it. If you still have itchy spots, you can make a jar of Clorox water and apply directly to the spots.

I have even rushed in the house and poured Clorox directly out of the jug onto my arms and rubbed it all over arms and hands.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Clorox will take the sting out and dry up the whelps and blisters. For future reference, as soon as you can, get in a tub with Clorox in the water and wash good. Most of the time you won’t even break out in a rash.

Tub of water, 1 or 2 cups of Clorox. Wash as usual with soap, get out and pat dry. One time ought to do it. If you still have itchy spots, you can make a jar of Clorox water and apply directly to the spots.

I have even rushed in the house and poured Clorox directly out of the jug onto my arms and rubbed it all over arms and hands.
I don't know if my skin can handle beach. I've been rinsing with vinegar after showering. That seems to help a little.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
So far in my career with this company, whenever we've had to switch to a trial product or to a different material for a special order, it's been a couple of days of HARD & Intense work.
Tonight will be my first experience doing this on night shift..... we will shut down sometime between 3 & 4, turn everything off so it cools down.... and - per the supervisor 'just don't be asleep when the next crew comes in at 6:30' ??!!
I can say from past experience, I WILL NOT be sleeping on the clock. I suppose day crew is going to come in to find a VERY clean Beamer.

Oh, and the poison oak is FINALLY starting to heal. I think I might end up with scars though.
20240819_002832.jpg

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
... ok... I'm SURE it was because I was tired & grumpy.
BUT - when the bossy guy who knows eeeverything (..but doesn’t actually do half the stuff right) slams the e-stop button EXACTLY at 4:30 because we had been told we could stop at 4:30 if we were in a good place.. and he's not about to actually work 1 sec longer, even though we're all getting paid till 7 regardless ..... I was PI$$ED!
Not only does that cause the machine to stop IMMEDIATELY & loose all tension which means I have to spend 5mins re-stringing the interior BUT I was in the middle of something that would have taken 2 mins to finish with the machine running but took almost 10 with it stopped & no tension.

Night shift is doing wonders for my fiber management skills & my confidence in troubleshooting & problem solving the machine.... but I'm way too much of a rule follower for all the freewheeling, do what I want, who's gonna stop me, "if it's easier it's good enough" crap that goes on.

... rant over... time for 5pm breakfast

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
I went outside to let the chickens out this AM & found hoof prints in the yard. 😬
Eva had apparently been out for quite some time, judging by all the chewed things in the yard & around the barn. Thankfully she had put herself in the barn for a nice cud chew.
Looks like at least part of my day off will be fence work.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
A long section of the main pasture top wire replaced. A makeshift gate behind the barn to close it off & let it grow.
Half of the back pasture fence checked - a couple of minor repairs done. Then cross-fenced. Happy Eva got access to belly deep grass. But.... she had apparently had enough during her walkabout.
I set up my phone hoping to catch a funny vid of her usual galloping & bucking .... all I got this time was a slow amble, a few mins of random grazing & her settling under a tree to finish her cudding & get a nap.
🙄

Out of curiosity, I searched down the driveway to see if I might be able to get some idea of her wanderings. I spotted hoof prints leaving the drive & going into the front yard. Yall will get a chuckle out of this! As I was sleeping unusually late, she was possibly in the front yard - LITTERALLY under my window!!!! It's entirely plausible that she could've licked the AC that's in my bedroom window!! Prints were RIGHT THERE! 🤣
Actually, the concentration of prints I could find seemed to be concentrated around windows & the back door.
I can imagine her wanting into her stall with the fan.... "Mom! Mom, are you in there? Mom! I want in my stall but I can't find an open gate. Mom! Mom? I've been wandering all night & I'm TIRED 😫! MOM!!!!! I need you to open a gate!!!! Mom?"

Latest posts