Canesisters 2024 journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Beautiful boots!

I’ve done that flooded creek thing before. It knocked down the fence. There I was, leg threaded through stands of barbed wire,waist deep, tying onto fence posts so we could hopefully pull the fence back up, while BJ shouted instructions at me from the safety of the bank. I wanted to drown him.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
we sure didn't need to add you to the "lives lost" list due to Hurricane Helene.
It seriously crossed my mind when I realized the bottom of that hole was a thatch of branches under 3'+ of water 😱
Nobody would even have come looking for me until about 7:00 tonight.
Thankful that I was able to drop the water level & only got a sore butt & back.

Last edited:

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oops
I worked on the layout of my first few journal pages for a long time, then got going on some chores so I could Tetris those in to start those pages.... & now it's 3:00, I'm sleepy & only have 2hrs before I have to get ready for work.
Micro-nap is going to have to do for tonight's shift. 😧

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Brought home 200lbs of pelleted pine bedding & threw them into the poop-soup surrounding Eva's hay feeder. I use this in my cat's litter boxes & it's pretty amazing how much the pellets expand. I'm hoping that it will: 1. Dry up the soup that poor Eva has to stand in to eat her hay. 2. Lighten the dense mat of manure & hay once she walks it in; making it a tiny bit easier to load in the wheel barrow for garden building. 3. Help the manure compost better.

Speaking of the wheel barrow..... I got a can of Flexseal Spray Rubberised Sealant & took a crack at sealing up those dry rotted tires. One seems to be holding pretty good so far. The other is probably going to need a 2nd coat.
Anybody have any tips to remove rubberized sealant from skin???
Probably should've worn gloves like the can said I should.
20241003_102844.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, WD-40. Or put some oily skin cream on it...as it soakes into skin it should release. My guesses. 😄 what I'd do.