Chain link for ND goats?

Calliopia

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I have my girls in chain like with a couple strands of electric along the inside to keep them from standing on it or pushing at the bottom. Ours didn't have the tension pole at the bottom so we ended up using landscaping stakes and a couple rail road ties to fill in some low spots and hold the looser spots down. So far no issues. Keeps mamas and babies in place.

AkTomboy

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
CrownofThornsNDGoats
Do you happen to know if they do slab wood? My 4-H club is still on a waiting list from the mills here for a load to build a new tack barn on our 4-H property.

Calliopia

Thanks for the info, I have quite a bit of chainlink from a redo of a project some friends did as his wife didnt like how the chainlink looked. :rolleyes: Worked out great for me :D

AlaskanShepherdess

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
I believe they do. I know they can do a lot with it. I *think* there is a problem with the mill right now, so I'm not positive if it's operational right now. But hubby's been working on it so it might be. I'll ask and let you know on FB. :)

imtc

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
I use it with my nigerians however have one doe attempt to jump it and got her hoof caught at the top (where the fencing "^'s" just over the top bar). and she was hanging upside down by one leg. Luckily I was right there when it happened (which was more than once) but I ended up having to add another couple of feet of fencing to prevent her from trying to jump again.