CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Okay....it is snowing in Birmingham and northward....DD3 lives NE and the place where Gabbie is, is due N of that in some pretty hilly country.....so, it was their call to make on the meet up and it has been delayed until tomorrow....I did get an updated pic of her for your viewing pleasure.... part0_5.jpg ....she has grown quite a bit more, too....:love

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hit

What is a little snow!!??
Oh wait, y'all down there and your vehicles aren't really prepped for driving in snow are you. OK, I GUESS I can wait 1 more day for YOU to get your pretty pup.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good plan Mike! No one has proper tires for snow down there and I would guess the majority of people have never driven in snow. Best to stay away from them and what better place than at home :D

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Another thing about it too, Bruce is the cities and counties don't get enough of it each year to justify the expense of equipment to handle very much on the roadways and side roads....salt and sand trucks are about the extint of the equipment many possess. But, it is the inexperienced drivers that has to be taken into account, because many think they can still drive as usual until they start skidding and those that are aware are at risk of being hit by that very intelligent Idiot.....and Hope they have insurance....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is another issue too, having to deal with the ice is no fun....even on relatively flat land. We have hills here, but those are more than hills over there Mike....no they don't compare to the Rockies or even the Smokies, but they certainly aren't hills....I've been over Mount Eagle quite a few times not far from ya and anything with an escape ramp built on it sure isn't a hill.....:)

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know where you are talking about but ours aren't that bad. It is more the way they built the roads. They are all sloped so that if you start sliding, you are going to run off the road and there isn't a thing you can do about it short of not being out there to slide to start with. :)

We are almost in the flat land and the last hill before the flats is my driveway. Once you get to 32A it's as flat as a table for several miles.