Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Will be another hot day. I’m not motivated to do much of anything. I got a lot of paperwork done on my sheep yesterday on the Katahdin breed up program. Sending them off this morning to get 2 registered and 12 recorded. I have ear tags for them, but I’ll wait for the weather to cool off. So I guess my big thing this morning will be to go to the post office. LOL

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule -- nope. Not planting anymore fruit trees or bushes. Goats have a desire to destroy them and have. I'll get free from friends, or buy. Not a big deal for me. Rather concentrate on veg garden -- with my Fort Knox fence requirements.🥴😖

Wonderful coffee this morning. Nothing special other than just enjoying it. Had toast with some of the fig jam. I did really good with that batch! 👍

Working later today -- after I take DS to court & back. I feel like Uber. 🤐 oh well. Always a mom.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I use lemon juice in it for the pectin. Not a huge user of jellies. But used to pick strawberries and make preserves for DH years back. He loved it -- I never used more than a teaspoon full. 🤣. Like strawberries fresh. I have blueberry, applebutter, fig & red pepper jellies/jams/preserves stacked up. May eat one pint of each in a year. 🤷. Now, dried fruit, I'm on it!! Snacks.

Except for dark chocolate chips, I'm not a big sweets eater anymore. Used to be. Tastes & cravings changed.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. Relatively cool right now. I’ll have to get on bigger chores soon. Hubbs is gone for business. He’s been gone much of the summer either working or with family. Both situations are complicated and need his boots on the ground so to speak. But he will be back tomorrow. And he can share the undiluted pleasure of looking for an LGD (who spent part of the search walking directly behind me while I shouted his name) in 100 degree heat. Bunk time. Gotta go.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Idk what Fen saw out the window this morning but he literally ran screaming for the door. Until Fen, I never knew dogs could scream. He is seriously an emotional basket case. I’ve always liked QUIET dogs. Heath never barked. He did talk but never loudly and he just never barked. I appreciated that about him. Actually, I appreciated everything about him. He was that once in a lifetime dog.
Fen’s screaming is comical. As much as I don’t like loud noises, it cracks me up. The things he does…! When he rolls on his back, he bicycles with his hind legs. It’s funny as heck to watch. When he does climb in my lap, he THROWS his head into my chest, becoming boneless and pulling off the best of snuggles, somehow. He doesn’t stare into my eyes as much as Heath did, but when he does, they dilate to the point they are nearly all pupil. He takes the greatest joy in banging empty plastic jugs around obscenely early every morning. We have a huge Cal King sized bed. He can actually jump up and run across it without once taking a step that is NOT on your body. He catches flies out of the air and torments bugs. He is an absolutely unique package with an incredibly thick, luxurious fur coat. I do believe I will make myself a second cup of coffee and continue to ponder all things Fen…
IMG_5293.jpeg