Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Adrenaline for the rest of the day. šŸ˜‰ I know weā€™ve got em but they seem to stay out of the way. I mismanaged a conversation (entered it) on Facebook with someone who felt strongly that no snakes should ever be killed and people who did kill snakes were ignorant and fearful. Then the feisty little keyboard warrior from the ā€˜burbs told me I should ā€œpolish my stones and learn more about nature.ā€ I replied that my stones had plenty of polish but her manners could certainly use some. And she should get part of her tuition back if she learned about snakes at the liberal university she claimed a degree from. Bit of a rant. Oops:hide

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Adrenaline for the rest of the day. šŸ˜‰ I know weā€™ve got em but they seem to stay out of the way. I mismanaged a conversation (entered it) on Facebook with someone who felt strongly that no snakes should ever be killed and people who did kill snakes were ignorant and fearful. Then the feisty little keyboard warrior from the ā€˜burbs told me I should ā€œpolish my stones and learn more about nature.ā€ I replied that my stones had plenty of polish but her manners could certainly use some. And she should get part of her tuition back if she learned about snakes at the liberal university she claimed a degree from. Bit of a rant. Oops:hide
We've had enough of them that the adrenaline rush isn't there so much. More of an awe crap, another one, interruption in routine. OK ~maybe a tiny rush, gotta be human.
Yeah - we've got those types around here as well. They seem to think it's ok to relocate it. Make it someone else's problem. Not to mention it's illegal to relocate, and I read somewhere that once out of their "territory" they are likely to die or be killed by another.
I absolutely love your reply to the keyboard warrior.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I lived in Tehachapi, on rare occasions we would run across Timber Rattlers and Mojave greens. My ex, who was a Sheriffā€™s Deputy was called to his commanderā€™s house with his partner (unknown reason) They got there and there was a Mojave green in his house. Exā€™s partner picked it up with a rake and started walking towards him. My Ex pulled his gun out and told him if he didnā€™t go the other way he was gonna get shot šŸ˜‚
(This is the same man who was standing on a tractor seat yelling because an 8 yr old neighbor girl chased up him there with a garter snake šŸ˜‚)

He was just as afraid of birds (so I bought myself a parrot)ā€¦

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I lived in Tehachapi, on rate occasions we would run across Timber Rattlers and Mojave greens. My ex, who was a Sheriffā€™s Deputy was called to his commanderā€™s house with his partner (unknown reason) They got there and there was a Mojave green in his house. Exā€™s partner picked it up with a rake and started walking towards him. My Ex pulled his gun out and told him if he didnā€™t go the other way he was gonna get shot šŸ˜‚
(This is the same man who was standing on a tractor seat yelling because an 8 yr old neighbor girl chased up him there with a garter snake šŸ˜‚)

He was just as afraid of birds (so I bought myself a parrot)ā€¦
Eeeeyaaa a Mojave Green. Eeek. When we moved to so cal eons ago our son was 6. Told him if he ever saw a snake to come get me. The first year heā€™d come in the house and say ā€œMommy a sneek a sneekā€ I would dutifully go out and check every single time. So he comes in one day ā€œMommy Mommy thereā€™s a sneekā€ I said go tell you Dad. He said ā€œI did and he said tell youā€. Now mind you he was weed whacking and wasnā€™t far. So I go out to check out the sneek just like every other time. Annnnnnnnd there was a sneek for sure - 38 inches of Mojave Green tangled in bird netting and recently expired.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So Iā€™m understanding Mojave Green snake is a super venomous snake?

Iā€™ve been up awhile. Got second load of laundry in the dryer. Drank my coffee, breakfast is nachos with LOTS of jalapeƱos and skirt steak. I fry the whole tortilla, load em up with whatever I have, top with cheese and microwave for one minute.

I woke up at 2, could hear the continuous bleat of a lamb. Went outside to investigate and a lamb had her head stuck through the 4ā€ square of the sheep and goat wire. Either me or the flashlight scared her enough to pop her head back out and she ram to her mom to suck and be comforted. Ok, so now Iā€™m wide awake, thanks dummy.

Guess Iā€™ll sweep and mop the floor.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fen had a difficult day yesterday. Heā€™s not allowed in the garden because he tends to ā€œhelpā€. He wasnā€™t allowed to herd Mister around the yard, but he really, really wanted to. He wasnā€™t allowed to watch the paint spraying in the chicken coop and then I was busy cutting a bucket of green beansā€¦they were in a bucket, I had a container for the ends and another for the finished beans. He brought his dinosaur to me. I ignored him so he dropped him in the bucket. I tossed it out again and he dropped it in the bowl. I took it out and dropped it and he gathered some toys and tried a different toy. I pushed it away and tried to explain to him I didnā€™t want him feeding greenbeans to his toys. He dropped dinosaur in the bucket again and while I pulled it out, he quickly put toys in my other containers. I got the message. I put the beans away and played with him awhile.
We ran out of paint after just one inside wall.
Ugh.
Today I need to cut down all the limbs on the apricot tree that grew over the roof of the pen, so one of us can go up and fix the roof. And I need to figure out how he intends to get the growout pen inside , since he is cutting open a hole on the far side. (Bottom of cage is next to chicken pen, a couple feet from where it needs to go. Top is in the garden.) So we have to carry everything past the shed he let fall apart, around the back through a gate, down a very narrow alley full of trash, and somehow make the corner into the penā€¦ :he

I hate to say it, but Fen makes more sense and is easier to understand than TheMan. šŸ˜³

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Had to look that up ----
ā€œThe Mojave rattlesnake is the most venomous rattlesnake in the world.ā€ The Mojave rattlesnake, native to deserts of the southwestern United States and central Mexico, is a pit viper that looks much like the Western Diamondback rattlesnake."

ANY rattler is bad....not staying to check coloršŸ¤£

Had 2nd cup....I'm reved up. Time to go do morning chores & checks. Then I can decide on projects or whatever. šŸ¤· I need to consider what may take priority since weather people aren't sure what next week will bring. It went from sun-wed rain, to sun- Fri rain and we all know it's just a guess either way! šŸ„“

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Starting the day with Gatorade. Hubbs left around 4a to inspect construction equipment in the city. ERCOT has issued another conservation appeal. Iā€™ll cook for the dogs then cook for us and hopefully get everything done by 2. I have hen house work too but donā€™t think I will get to it. Nest boxes to be swapped out as the chicks are growing up. I have Copper Marans x Barnvelder so Iā€™m excited to see what the eggs will look like. I also have a mystery hen that may be an Easter egger. All sizes of chickens are getting along. They have plenty of food, forage and coop space. Hard to think about winterizing today šŸ˜

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Starting the day with Gatorade. Hubbs left around 4a to inspect construction equipment in the city. ERCOT has issued another conservation appeal. Iā€™ll cook for the dogs then cook for us and hopefully get everything done by 2. I have hen house work too but donā€™t think I will get to it. Nest boxes to be swapped out as the chicks are growing up. I have Copper Marans x Barnvelder so Iā€™m excited to see what the eggs will look like. I also have a mystery hen that may be an Easter egger. All sizes of chickens are getting along. They have plenty of food, forage and coop space. Hard to think about winterizing today šŸ˜
Ohhhh a Copper Marans x Barnvelder - love that combo as I like both of those!
And yeah Mohave Green - their neurotoxin is crazy bad. Canā€™t remember all of it. You donā€™t have to look close to tell the color.