Coffee anyone ?

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
He did it!! He started working on the chix pen after lunch! :weee I got all but 5 huge branches cut with my little chain saw, he was able to saw and snap them off while I dragged to the brush pile. We shored up the supports with a concrete block and a 2x4. We took some peppermint oil and sprayed the thousands of wasps feeding on the rotten fruit covering the roof and the floor of the run.
It.pissed.Them.off.!!!
Me, with my Ra shuffle and him with his worn out hip went flying out of the pen and into the horse corral like our asses were on fire! I’m sure Mister was impressed as we fell into his corral 😂
I found 1/2 can of wasp spray and that time we killed the little hooligans! After 8 hr of work, the chicks are NAILED into 1/2 the coop, blocked by door propped in place by a heavy trash can 2 braces and a piece of 2x4 nailed over the top. They won’t be escaping! Bahaha! The feral cats won’t get to them either.
The stand was rebuilt, a new, wide doorway the wheelbarrow fits through, created on side I chose, and he got two cowboys to help carry the growout cage from the garden where a huge branch of the peach tree is hanging over And tall weeds grew through the wire making it exponentially heavier. Its on the stand…and so tall I can no way feed rabbits or get any in or out of there. 😳 so that needs doing. Still needs a roof and 3 doors but the chix are in it now…maybe permanently. Not sure how I will feed them this morning! :lol:
A lot more went on but that’s another story…

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
48? 51? (Whimpers). Actually we are cooling down to 98 for a high today. No rain. We still have decent grass in spots. Dog Brushing ongoing. Leo needs a bath but despises them. I had to hose Smitty a couple of days ago because he thought he was a young dog and went barreling down the hill after something and came back pretty heated. Leo was scandalized and if I wasn’t concerned about water moccasins I’d lather him up with Dr. Bronner’s and let him swim it off in the pond. Dilute, dilute, dilute. (One of the many things printed on ol Doc’s label or used to be).

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up to 49F in Michigan... Sorry southerners. Animals are up and fed, on my second cup already. How do you like your coffee? Mine Whole bean Black Rifle coffee, freshly ground, run through an Areo Press... with just a bit of Irish cream (or coffee creamer I call it. LOL) Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Ah yeah - you fit right in here!! :) Mine has sugar in it and at the moment ice too :lol: - though mine while freshly ground comes from a built in coffee machine. The only thing missing is the smell of brewing coffee. It's a tough life 😉.
Sounds like you've got perfect sweater weather!!!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
He did it!! He started working on the chix pen after lunch! :weee I got all but 5 huge branches cut with my little chain saw, he was able to saw and snap them off while I dragged to the brush pile. We shored up the supports with a concrete block and a 2x4. We took some peppermint oil and sprayed the thousands of wasps feeding on the rotten fruit covering the roof and the floor of the run.
It.pissed.Them.off.!!!
Me, with my Ra shuffle and him with his worn out hip went flying out of the pen and into the horse corral like our asses were on fire! I’m sure Mister was impressed as we fell into his corral 😂
I found 1/2 can of wasp spray and that time we killed the little hooligans! After 8 hr of work, the chicks are NAILED into 1/2 the coop, blocked by door propped in place by a heavy trash can 2 braces and a piece of 2x4 nailed over the top. They won’t be escaping! Bahaha! The feral cats won’t get to them either.
The stand was rebuilt, a new, wide doorway the wheelbarrow fits through, created on side I chose, and he got two cowboys to help carry the growout cage from the garden where a huge branch of the peach tree is hanging over And tall weeds grew through the wire making it exponentially heavier. Its on the stand…and so tall I can no way feed rabbits or get any in or out of there. 😳 so that needs doing. Still needs a roof and 3 doors but the chix are in it now…maybe permanently. Not sure how I will feed them this morning! :lol:
YAY!!! That's HUGE!!!!

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
48? 51? (Whimpers). Actually we are cooling down to 98 for a high today. No rain. We still have decent grass in spots. Dog Brushing ongoing. Leo needs a bath but despises them. I had to hose Smitty a couple of days ago because he thought he was a young dog and went barreling down the hill after something and came back pretty heated. Leo was scandalized and if I wasn’t concerned about water moccasins I’d lather him up with Dr. Bronner’s and let him swim it off in the pond. Dilute, dilute, dilute. (One of the many things printed on ol Doc’s label or used to be).
AH!!! Ol' Doc's. Their plant is in the town next door. Good company, and good products. LOL ya' gotta just love reading their labels. :)
Weather here - 71-97. Normal

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
It.pissed.Them.off.!!!
celebratejump.gif