Coffee anyone ?

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
97469937.jpg

The coffee supplies are all set and next to the coffee pot so brew a cup and enjoy the break before your hectic day begins. I apologize for not checking in yesterday I had to leave my house early to meet an elderly friend at another friends house to go to her doctor appointment with her.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Up and at wake up station 😁 been waiting for daylight to get out and CK on everyone. Goats hate rain, so everyone was in their barn early and a lot 🤣 so I'll slosh on out there in wet grasses, come in with wet pant legs 😔 change and go to work.

Fog this morning but, it's not really ground level🤔 looks more like a really low cloud. Kind of strange. It'll clear fast, no problems. Time to get going.

Enjoy your day!😁👍

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
@peteyfoozer .... Chicken coop repairs 🥰👍

Anyone needing rain -- move here! 🙄😔. Yes poured, now soft rain. They say until 10ish. 🤷 some areas got 3". Here 1.5 so far.

Still more during week from outskirts of two tropicals, hopefully skimming coast, not coming onshore. We are already wet!!
My rain gauge must be messed up... it only holds 8" and it was full to the brim.... Granted, I didn't empty it over the weekend, but that still seems excessive. There IS a lot of washed mulch in places it shouldn't be.. and I'm straddling a washout in the drive way.
Oddly, the creek isn't up much - yet

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sitting on the patio with iced coffee and catching up. But not for long the shade is slipping away. Slugged down the first cup quick and took care of chores and another 2 hours of weed whacking. The heat is supposed to break on Friday, if it does I’m pretty sure Obi and I will take the flock to the whacked areas where it’s green. 🤞

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fen was SUPER quiet when waking me this morning. I’m grateful as I bottomed out yesterday by noon as the work caught up to me and hit me like a train. Still pretty pain wracked this morning. It’s a way of life 🙄

High winds until 7 tonight so I figured no way chicken pen was getting done. 😖 BUT he managed to get it on between gusts !! Now the good news is he’s putting on the original door after fixing corner post, then temporarily screwing a piece of plywood where the big door goes. I pray to God it’s not temporary like the putting sheeting in the shed was because that took 14 years until the shed was no longer a shed 😳

We head to town tomorrow as I have no bleach or ammonia to clean the growout cage, but if I don’t require recovery I should still have rabids in place by my deadline of the 1st.:weee

I also need to buy feed for Mister and Wimpy. If Mr doesn’t start eating the grass hay soon we will need to figure out how to get a load of hay in for him, along with someplace to store it. He already lost some weight even with all the grazing in the yard…

My body is punishing me for the work I did. I can’t even make it to the front room, far less the corral to let horses in, but if you know how stupid horses can be alone, double that when these boys are together. Between it being cooler today, lots of wind, Randy’s power tool and pounding noises and them feeding off each other the horses are being annoying. I can hear Mister acting stupid out back 😂

I need something along the lines of a cold Mexican coffee. Any suggestions?