Coffee anyone ?

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
AND that hydraulic has doubled in price around here, in past year! 😳
Same here, and oddly can sometimes find the 1 gal jugs are almost as much as the 5-gal buckets. I've also noticed at the local farm store some oils and fuel additives are cheaper by getting the smaller bottle. Gotta look.
It took 30 gallons to get it from where it blew the seal to my home. Going to take about 20 to get it in the pole barn.
OUCH. Then more after all taken apart. I didn't even like doing the 5-gal in my 9n just to have to dump it and put 5-gal of diesel through it to put clean/new oil back in it.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the service you served in Iraq. Us "regular people" here will never know or even understand what all you did, and how you managed.....

You can keep your blizzard, thank you... We dropped to 26 last night... we will still have some cold weather to deal with before it is actually "spring" here.... but I am past the "snow stage" in my life.... will leave it for you younger ones...

With big equipment like that, you are well aware of the "gallons" of fluid... more like BARRELS of fluids you need to keep them running.. with all the tractors we have and other equipment, and all the trucks and such, we go through it fast also... and yeah, it has more than doubled in the last couple years @Mini Horses ..... my DS buys it by the pallet sometimes just so we have it on hand...
Hope you get the excavator (?) inside so you can work on it, before the snow hits.

Last edited:

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Speaking of prices, I noticed the fertilizer that went from $60 to 90 last year just dropped to $45. Bought some but wish I had a little more spare change. That's at the local farm store. I really should've checked the co-op prices when I was getting seed.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you for the service you served in Iraq. Us "regular people" here will never know or even understand what all you did, and how you managed.....

You can keep your blizzard, thank you... We dropped to 26 last night... we will still have some cold weather to deal with before it is actually "spring" here.... but I am past the "snow stage" in my life.... will leave it for you younger ones...

With big equipment like tha, t you are well aware of the "gallons" of fluid... more like BARRELS of fluids you need to keep them running.. with all the tractors we have and other equipment, and all the trucks and such, we go through it fast also... and yeah, it has more than doubled in the last couple years @Mini Horses ..... my DS buys it by the pallet sometimes just so we have it on hand...
Hope you get the excavator (?) inside so you can work on it, before the snow hits.
Thanks,
It's actually cheaper to buy the buckets than by the barrel :hu I will be changing the fuel pump out in a snow bank on the excavator since the pump won't be here till mid week or later. I will get the loader in before the snow, that's for sure. Yeah it's a list to keep up with, excavator is still down in a hole with fuel pump out, loader blew a torque converter seal, backhoe has blow front tire, dump truck has flat on back tire, pigs need a shelter before this storm I think I can manage by Thursday.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Speaking of prices, I noticed the fertilizer that went from $60 to 90 last year just dropped to $45. Bought some but wish I had a little more spare change. That's at the local farm store. I really should've checked the co-op prices when I was getting seed.
You can thank them of their bright idea to shove fertilizer in diesel vehicles in the name of greener and named it diesel exhaust fluid. More like "green washing"

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks,
It's actually cheaper to buy the buckets than by the barrel :hu I will be changing the fuel pump out in a snow bank on the excavator since the pump won't be here till mid week or later. I will get the loader in before the snow, that's for sure. Yeah it's a list to keep up with, excavator is still down in a hole with fuel pump out, loader blew a torque converter seal, backhoe has blow front tire, dump truck has flat on back tire, pigs need a shelter before this storm I think I can manage by Thursday.
:th:th:th:hide:hide:hide:fl:fl:fl:fl

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Anyone see an article for people boycotting Tyson?
I read the original article and I read Tyson’s response. The number of asylum seekers (Tyson’s terminology) being offered an opportunity to apply for jobs appears to have been exaggerated, per Tyson. Several news outlets report Tyson is experiencing a “backlash” from consumers. Personally I’m trying to get all processed food out of our diets as Hubbs and I are a bit hobbity around the middle, which includes Tyson stuff.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
A lot of Facebook groups say no advertising animals. It isn't advertising if you just post a picture of them and people click on your FB page to find they are for sale since you didn't post on the group page of them being for sale. Pick local groups only to post pictures, and for any ads you have on your FB page, share those instead of posting directly to groups you join that allow you to post animals for sale.
Marketing 101...