Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule What would you do about the escapade? I think I'm going to put Leo on 15ft chain attached to outside run so he's catchable for vetting. Previous owners used paired tie-outs him and sheep when grazing so he's used to it.
So you can catch him for trip to vet? Yes, I would do that. You have appointment and don’t want to miss it because you can’t catch him. Then begins the long long road of showing him you are the good guy and not to be afraid of you. Lots of praise and reassurance, stay calm or he will feed off your emotions.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Currently 25°F this morning, but don't worry it will go from winter to summer in the next 8 hours up to 70°F. Not a good sign when it does that, means something is coming and it's packing. Looked at the weather, starting Wednesday till Monday snow in the forecast with highs of the mid 20's by Monday of next week.
Excavator fuel pump went out last Friday so need to order that part. Going to try and get loader in pole barn before this starts to fix blown seal on torque converter. My sphincter is going to be puckered up so much doing this it's going to be able to suck up buttermilk. It's largest piece of machinery I have and never put that much weight in my pole barn on the slab that me and the wife put down. Going to be true test of how well I did when all 60k lbs is parked in there.
DB556936-1DA6-4A8B-B1AF-B7C5D76EF056.jpeg

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m preparing for what I hope is the last freeze. Going the blanket route with the peach tree. Had two late lambs, both small. Sold all my breeding age rams. It’s nice not having all the chaos in the pasture and I think the chronically in heat ewe conceived. Now I’ll have to look for a ram. I want a black belly because locally I think the black and white gene pool is shallow. And I like black bellies. A tricolor would work too. Off to chores. Have a good day everyone.

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good MORNING!! I haven’t been terribly social since I smacked my head. But I am doing so much better :weee
Boone and I need to process 4 of the rabids this morning, as Snowy has ten ready to wean and she hardly has room to move.
Everyone is doing well. Got a letter from my 16 y.o. Granddaughter. She’s the sweetest thing. Said she checks the mailbox everyday for me to write back ❤️ I love it. Even though we could just text, these letters give me something to cherish and read over and over.
Hope you all have a great day. It’s beautiful here, in the 60’s and there is SO much work to do!

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
@peteyfoozer and @SageHill- a big ten-four on letters. Pf im glad you’re feeling better. I found two nests, 16 eggs in all and according to the water bath test they are all edible (plus my memory- hey there weren’t eggs there two days ago). So steady eggs, standard and bantam size. Want an egg and a half scramble? Gotcha covered. :D

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Winds are too high to open the pole barn doors, might have to wait till night or tomorrow to get loader in. Though it is ready to go in now. Ripping 60 mph winds right now on the gusts, maintaining 30 to 40 mph, welcome to spring time in Montana. These are mild as we see up to 80 mph most spring/fall seasons.
Looks to be around 1900 hrs when I can attempt it.
@peteyfoozer and @SageHill- a big ten-four on letters. Pf im glad you’re feeling better. I found two nests, 16 eggs in all and according to the water bath test they are all edible (plus my memory- hey there weren’t eggs there two days ago). So steady eggs, standard and bantam size. Want an egg and a half scramble? Gotcha covered. :D
I got one of those in my incubator, I named it after the wife cause she too is small at only 5' with shoes on at 100 lbs compared to my 6' 120 lbs. I can lift her with one arm
KIMG01888.jpg
:lol:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Having very strange weather here. T-storms and rain. The fourth in four days. We don't get T-storms here on any regular basis. I know you all do, but down here in San Diego county at the most it's ~maybe one a year - AT THE MOST. And now 4 in four days?!?!?!!! Very strange --- been here since '89 and since then this is out of the ordinary.