Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Excavator went down again, so I get to fix that again after 15 minutes of digging yesterday. Trash in the fuel tank plugged up the water/fuel separator, got a magnet in there to get most out. Going to have to just switch filters out, dig what I can then get it home and pull all 60 plus gallons of diesel out to vacuum the tank out. Good thing wife works in town during the week, as long as something breaks a part before she gets off work I can get the part that afternoon. Like having my own parts delivery person :celebrate

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up at 2 AM. Been on FB. Pouring buckets of rain, storming, lightning, thunder, for past hour. Weather radar shows it clearing off around 9:30. Great. I get to go do chores in the rain, then hope my Hyundai roller skate can make it outa here to go to church, starts at 9:30. County graded road Wednesday and even dug some ditches. First half of this road is pretty good, get down here to my place and it’s bad. Go around the corner to the dead end and it’s terrible. I might take the mule to church and spare my poor car the mud bath and possible going swimming. Hah! Yes! I’ll take the Kawasaki mule! No wearing a dress or skirt today!

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chicks are popping out, two have escaped from their shells this morning out of twenty. Eleven of them are spoken for, and next up will be the geese to hatch. The nine that are going to be left over or less I might keep, we will see if someone comes along for them. Next up will be the geese hatching at the end of this month, I'm keeping all of them. Bad thing about selling anything here, is well here has earned it's name from how hard it is to get up here. Sequestered Ridge Ranch, it's up a ridge that is clay, and very little rock far away from any city.

Might consider if things start selling out here to put an actual road in, just others who never will help will benefit from it. Though I shouldn't drag myself down for free loaders at same time tired of tracking in and clogging up my driveway with the mud on the road, especially my pad in front of my pole barn.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke at usual time but, clock says I'm late! 🙄DST!

Coffee, chores, then...sometime today, skin & can 30# of chicken breasts. Skin & bones in oven, crisp up before in a pot to make broth. 👍 Couldn't pass 99cent a lb. Besides I was down to my last qt already canned chicken breasts. Prob gonna be a late day thing. Weather too good to miss a day outside.

I'm thinking switch out attachments on tractor and have some therapy time. ☺️ 58 now, going to low 70s. Perfect weather to finish last of trash mow off. Might even get tiller on for tomorrow!

Have some grasses growing. The vetch is going wild, plantain and dandelion up, check fences and might have some pastures to use. Cut that hay in half! Save $$ 🤩 yes!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
A few pieces into freezer for summer grilling. Yeah, got tired of skinning/deboning. But 7 qts coming out of canner, soon as pressure finishes dropping ☺️. Then pot of bones, etc start cooking for broth. I'll can that tomorrow. About 2# of chicken in a qt. Prob 5-6 qts broth coming. Cats get a feast once strained👍 half pint fat rendered off, too.

Not butchering any chicken this year. This was messy enough🤣 and not even any feather or guts! Yeah, enough fun for me. 🥴

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh, woke up this morning to Tractive notifications that Leo and Hera went out of bounds. A panicked logon to app showed they are both on property and never left. 😁
About 10:30pm, something triggered Hera AND Leo to escape nightpen and patrol around it.

Not sure what to do in hour or so when I "discover" them out during morning chores. Scold that they aren't where I left them? Ignore that fact since they are on guard duty? I also need to contain Leonidas so hubby can take him to vet, sigh.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! Sounds like @Margali could use a cup! Glad they stayed on the property! What good dogs! Hera is a jewel and she will do a lot of your training on Leo. Old dog, young dog, you are Blessed!

Going to feed at daylight, then going to take some things to @Ridgetop that she had shipped to me. I’ll spend the night, come back tomorrow. Chris is feeding this evening and tomorrow morning.