Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I sure need it. I didn’t get any chickens in the freezer yesterday. I did get 10 more on ice. Had 3 more sets of triplets, I just wasn’t prepared for this amount of crazy. Fancy is due tomorrow. Then I get a break, 2 due on the 18th and one on the 20th.

Son came in last night at 20, we sat up till 11:30. I slept till almost 7. Still tired but will do chores this morning and get as many chickens vacuum sealed and in the freezer I can. Still 12 left in the coop.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Dang that IS some crazy lambing Bay !! 3 packs all 🤣

Are these chickens for you & fam, or you have some for customers this year? When we move, sometimes we lose customers. I lost lot of egg buyers when DD changed jobs -- co-workers. Now at better pay store & they'd rather spend $6 dz for mo old eggs than $3 for day olds 🤷 afraid of farm fresh?

Well it's a very nice 46 out. Big ole sun out bright 👍 for whatever reason, DS switched out bushhog for my tiller. So tractor is ready for the garden till. Surprised and glad. Want to hit it before grasses get going. Chewed down & mowed right now, so hit it good & back on it in a couple days for another turn. This first cut will turn the manure pellets under. After 2nd, I can row and plant. It'll be warm enough for most things I have ready. I'll get my bales of mulch from dry storage up to garden 🥰. I'm ready!!

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Internet still coming and going. Hubbs has been pooh-poohing my notion that the eclipse is going to be a pia. We are in totality. I told him he should cancel appointments and stay home or face getting stuck in traffic. He just noticed the dozens of porta potties in neighbor’s pastures and a lack of beer and brats etc at the grocery. On a more serious note I expect poor cell service, gridlocked emergency services, gasoline or possibly not (for days after). I’m staying home, padlocking the gate, putting the dogs in the house (I think the sheep will put themselves up) and taking photos and videos. Severe weather expected too so ice, ice baby and wood for the barbecue. I’m off to top off, have a good day everyone. :weee
I wonder if my internet issues are related to cell tower upgrades to handle the Ecliptorites, Ecliptoroids, Ecliptotomaniacs.

Last edited:

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Woke up to 44 and rain. Made breakfast (english muffin, american cheese, fried egg, bacon and avocado sandwich). Rain stopped -- looked mean and nasty but went out grazing and was rewarded with a great peaceful graze, hour plus and back to the barn when the heavens let go.
On second cuppa and checking news - what the heck - you east siders got a 4.something "foot massage"!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. Wondering if I could get an IV of coffee and keep it going all day. I got started on chickens, I got 2 done yesterday. Two. Butterfly was only feeding one lamb. She didn’t have 3, she only had 2. But another lamb was sucking on her, I thought it was hers. It confused her. Son and I took a hog panel and made a jug, I put a tarp over it for shade. Son held Butterfly and the lamb went to town on milk. We got her fed several times. Then another ewe was down. I got her up and there was a small spot of goop. Not good. Called vet, went and got shot of lute and a long lasting antibiotic. That took 2 hours. Neighbor Chase came over and held her, I gave shots. She ate some hay and feed, nursed babies. When I did evening feed, she was already feeling better. I just looked out window and she was up, nursing a lamb. Gulping coffee, I’ll go find all her babies and make sure they have full tummies. Dogs woke me up a couple times last night. Awake couple of hours. I finally got back to chickens last night and got 8 more in freezer. Got to go get feed after chores this morning. Son and my sister in law left last night for Midland in her truck to go get his RV trailer. 9 hours one way, with stops, probably over 20 hours on the road. My day is gonna be, sheep, lambs, checking ear tags and tummies, feed store, back to lambs and ewes, unload feed, process chickens, lambs and ewes, grab more chickens out of the ice chest, lambs and ewes…..

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule ...that is a 🤣🥹🥰 post. You do have your hands full right now. But who could have predicted, or even imagined, all these happenings at once!?? Trouble is -- certain things are "immediate" attention. All of yours are now 😐

So you don't get to eat, shower, or sleep for a few days. 🥴 Yeah, that PRIME body will just drag you on. 🎉😋🫂 I'm thinking about you, if that helps☺️🙏💕

I am quietly having my morning coffee...+ A cup for you! 🥰

In total support, of course! 🤣🤣

Latest posts