Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, we went from rain all weekend to winter weather advisory of 10 plus inches of snow. Got to love those last minute "by the way we forgot to tell you" weather reports. So after a month or two of dealing with ducklings I see now there is no market here for them, eggs yes, but ducklings themselves, no.
Going to hatch out the last 250 in the incubator and keep them for their eggs, start culling the males as I see them. Next up, I'm going to try bacon seeds. Seriously compared to ducks, these guys are easier. Couple strands of hot wire, some water over here and just feed them! Give them shelter for when they may or may not need it, they don't schit the bed like birds do and feed is so cheap for them! With ducks you are stuck with department store bags of feed at $20 plus a 50 lb bag, Lastly they have way less predators trying to take them out, more like the shoe is on the other foot. Cross that fence line and you might end up as food to them!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have managed to waste most of the day! 😵‍💫. Windy!! No tilling, unless I eat dirt with every pass. Hay had to be containerized and even chased 😳 all water tubs got emptied, scrubbed of yellow pollen, refilled for another go round. Fed 2x, collected eggs. Checked on plants that are sitting in their little starter house. 🤷. It's actually chilly with this front. Barely hit 50 and we've been 65-80, so an unwelcome weather shift. Overcast now. 😐🥴 😞!

Did rest a little...that's life 😁 be flexible. :old

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I came in after 6 and got a shower. I have a bottle baby, so I fed her and put a diaper on her. She tormented the dog, he’d probably like to eat her. Currently both are asleep at my feet. Carson’s big head is on my foot. I’d really like to put the footrest up and recline. Sigh……
Not doing chickens tonight, I got som done today though.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
Who wants a few feet of snow that wasn't in the forecast. Good thing I'm not on the grid, I don't have to worry about having to wait for someone to come save my arse since the power went down.
Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 20-46-54 Weather Alerts for Rosebud MT - The Weather Channel Weather....png

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was wide awake before 2 AM. Sigh…. Got a load of clothes in the wash. Maybe some day I’ll get the 2 loads on the bed folded and put away. Eh. Nobody sleeps on that side anyway. Patches the bottle baby sucked down 4 ounces. It wasn’t enough, she was sucking my chin, so I gave her 2 more ounces. She is curled up against Carson, sleeping it off now.
Coffee is ready, going for second cup.

IMG_6305.jpeg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was wide awake before 2 AM. Sigh…. Got a load of clothes in the wash. Maybe some day I’ll get the 2 loads on the bed folded and put away. Eh. Nobody sleeps on that side anyway. Patches the bottle baby sucked down 4 ounces. It wasn’t enough, she was sucking my chin, so I gave her 2 more ounces. She is curled up against Carson, sleeping it off now.
Coffee is ready, going for second cup.

View attachment 106635
I always use little tonic bottles. They’re the only ones I can screw the red and yellow nipples on and are just the right size 😂. A little lime and maybe gin with mine. On the rocks, please…
LOVE this picture!

Latest posts