Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Day after hurricane. I boiled coffee on the stove. Drinking first cup. Houston County Electric Co-op said 9547 out of power yesterday @5PM. By 10 PM there were 4732 with no power and I’m one of them. Sun is up and it will be hot. HCEC is saying power should be back on by Wednesday evening with a few not getting power until Thursday. Horse, sheep and dogs are all ok. I’ll deal with damages, easy stuff first. With no AC I don’t want to get overheated, so I’ll take it slow. It could be worse.

Weldman

Herd Master
Reaction score
My morning consists of hoping I don't show up and find my equipment messed with. I'm pushing the limits of holding myself back with current stress I'm at combined with temperatures in the 100's, it's volatile.

Going for 10 loads of rock down today if no one jumps in the road to start cussing me out, fighting with me cause they are drunk, trying to block my dump truck from moving or flying a drone in my face.

Every time I leave from here it's like driving through a "protest" riot in a major city, roll the windows up floor it and dodge the idiots best as possible.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule glad damage wasn't worse & you plus the animals are ok. Sorry for the extra work you have there.

@daval can relate to mom & big A....BTDT. it's tough! Mine didn't wander, slept fine but, not being the "same person" you find yourself taking care of someone unknown. 🥹😢

@Weldman .... If you're rocking the common road, you'd think the idiots would be glad! 🤷🫤 I'm certain you're using what can be traversed by a vehicle, not just your monster equipment.

People:he:th

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thankful my clean-up crew is hard at work after the hurricane.

cleanupcrew.jpg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
What would life be without surprises???

Hot, so chores & headed to work. Almost there, suddenly LF went wonky like I ran over/in something 😳. Lucky I was just 50' into a big parking area at an Exxon. Waiting on tow truck. The 3 holes in upper left & lower right should be bolted together 🥴

At least I have a car at home...
IMG_20240709_122024784_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240709_131531355.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mum's alzheimer's had her sleeping in until 9-10 am and I wouldn't let her sleep anymore because it really throws a wrench into our schedule.
I don't want her getting into the habit of sleeping all day and wandering all night. She did that once. I didn't sleep for a week.
Now she's up at 7:30 and I barely have time to get the chores done before seeing to her needs.

I managed to forage the goats for an hour before they decided to frolic and explore, so I put them back in their barn rather than chase them around the field and gardens.
It's some nice out there early in the mornings. BUT! I must get a large mug for COFFEE! So I can sip and enjoy as a shepherd.
Thy are now chewing cud and looking content.
I shepard them four times a day. Five, if they are lucky and leave an armload of fresh cut hay with them for overnight.

Today it's all about setting up new digs for the 20 meat chicks. Man they grow fast.
OK, enough break time.
Enjoy your coffee good people.
Howdy and welcome.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
My morning consists of hoping I don't show up and find my equipment messed with. I'm pushing the limits of holding myself back with current stress I'm at combined with temperatures in the 100's, it's volatile.

Going for 10 loads of rock down today if no one jumps in the road to start cussing me out, fighting with me cause they are drunk, trying to block my dump truck from moving or flying a drone in my face.

Every time I leave from here it's like driving through a "protest" riot in a major city, roll the windows up floor it and dodge the idiots best as possible.
This is why I live in the middle of nowhere.

I just don't understand that kind of behavior.

Sorry you have to deal with it.

Latest posts