Coffee anyone ?

Weldman

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
@Weldman
Thank you for that advise. I will check it at a later time (it's raining off and on here today so no outside work today). If it's the ignition coil do they cost an arm & leg?
Less than a hundred bucks, but you need to get the gap right between the magneto on it and the flywheel. Measurements should be between .006 to .010 thousandths of an inch, a business card will get you close enough.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, did chores, checked things...goats, hens, chicks, eggs. Waterers full & cool from rains. Temps only mid 70s. Started tractor, rain started. Parked tractor. 🤷 Inside, changed clothes & went to work. While working it poured!!!!!! Big winds, too. Couple hrs later, roads flooded in places...ditches full and still raining. Sat in truck almost 20 min waiting for a let up to steady not monsoon --- really, couple inches today, easy. 😳 What a dramatic change from last 2 weeks.

ETA.9:45pm...3.3" in past 24 hrs. Still scattereds.

Last edited:

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Been a busy week here. In the 100's outside too.
Worked all week, someone had a challenge going at work promising ice cream for whomever trimmed the most goat feet. More of a challenge for the volunteers, but I did 31 of the 45 goats while working.
Also been house sitting two fun dogs, so that has been great.
Now doing the thing I spend way too much time doing, and packing for a vacation starting Sunday.
Hope y'all stay cool in this heat wave if you're getting it.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rain....we look in our gauges for how much we have received & look at our fields for puddles. I found this interesting, as knowing what we had out there. 😳 Wow...2/3 gal per SQ ft. I sure see it when I dump feed tubs. 🤣

One inch of rain falling on 1 acre of ground is equal to about 27,154 gallons and weighs about 113 tons.

https://www.usgs.gov › science › rai...
Rain and Precipitation | U.S. Geological Survey - USGS.gov

Last edited:

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe I'm crazy but I enjoy watching the online auctions to see who NEVER to buy from as much as window shop for new animals. Some of the animal in the Eastern Alliance for Production Katahdins are just atrocious!! I would be ashamed to take them to sale barn with my ear tag let alone try to sell as breeding stock.
These two are so bad...
ram2.jpgram1.jpg

Now this proven 3yr oldguy, I would LOVE to have! His reserve is only $500 but sale is way to far away.
Awesome 3yr old.jpg

peteyfoozer

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s pretty hot again today. The rabids are struggling even with ice packs and a box fan.
Got 7 duck eggs snd there’s not s bit of room in the fridge or freezers! I got the Butterbrickle Carmel Pecan Cheesecake made and in the freezer. Chelsea fixed dinner last night and did dishes while I helped Kloe make a wrap bracelet. She’s back in there using my most expensive inventory, but she’s happy.
I’m pretty wobbly today so I’m quite literally bouncing off the walls.