Coffee anyone ?

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh vey! Just as Crockett turns an improvement corner, eating and drinking and urine better, Smitty had an embolism. Both rear legs unusable. Thankfully Hubbs was at home to get him out of the sun quickly and get him into and out of the car without drama. Prognosis is poor but we are trying some meds and there is already a Slight Improvement. Another Thankfully is he went down in an accessible place and I was watching. I could have just as easily turned him out watched for a few minutes and headed to the house like usual, but there was a fence repair I wanted to see. I need to make a belly sling and clipper his- everything. There was no warning and the vet told me it could have happened any time or place. Things gonna get messy but I’ll keep up. He may be done for but only after we try some things.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
FCE fibrocartilaginous embolism. Spinal cord damaged by clot/ material. He can’t feel anything past the cord lesion. The next hurdle is urine. Ah Pee, you haunt me these days. If Smitty can’t urinate he’s done. Never thought I’d want to see a puddle on the floor.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good grief -- up at 4 😳 Like, wide awake! Didn't fight it. Started coffee, put load of clothes in dryer (went to bed with washer going😉)...emptied dishwasher, added last night's plates into it, poured a cup, watched weather for any Debby updates while eating breakfast. Nothing new, we're getting 3 days of heavy rains :idunno

Off to work by 7 today....it'll be a 10 hr at one store. 😶 But 45 min drive each way. It's only 1 mile from hay dealer. Will pick up a couple bales to use in goat barns for next few rain days. They'll love that & so will I. ☺️

Last edited:

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all. Smitty did an overnight in the backyard, bunny hopping out of the “sick critter” room in the garage, after I fell asleep. No way to tell if he peed. I will call the vet later for more info about bladder issues. I have to figure out how to move him when Hubbs is at work. Towel around his midsection isn’t working well and oh that bladder, what if I rupture it?There is also some touchy back end business that I’ll skip since it’s breakfast time. The previous home owners left some horse gear maybe there’s something I can use. Gotta solve the locomotion problem. Crockett ate a decent dinner and bedded down with the sheep.