Coffee anyone ?

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
64-85 today yay and phew a little reprieve from highs around 95. Trying to get back to normal - have most of the detection lessons scheduled. That will help the hay bill 😊. Have to decide about herding lessons tomorrow.
Have a little broken overcast - thanks for sending that here, it’s dry but it’s probably why today is “cooler”.
Last sips of coffee, time to go set up search areas.
Good luck with Debbie 🌧️, stay safe no driving over flooded roads.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
One more hot day here. Next couple of days look cool. Got a solid rain storm last night, hope it helps the fires here.
Heading into work in a minute. Almost done and can't wait for the week to be over and this job to be done.
Stay cool and dry y'all.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Public service announcement. An asphalt road near my home was covered in flood water that looked to be 3 or 4 inches deep. The road and the center line paint were easily visible. What couldn’t be immediately seen, especially from a car, is that the ground beneath the road had washed away. Guardrails and rebar were holding the asphalt in place but there was a 12’ deep gully under it. Debris kept the water at level and relatively slow moving. Please don’t drive through water.

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
Smitty went on hop about again last night. Was in a spot he likes to watch from. We are fenced so he’s safe. Then returned to garage. He has a place to lay down, a big fan and I think I’ll figure out a swamp cooler of some sort. I’m still working on a rear end raiser. Tried the shopping bag (ironically from Tunnels to Towers) but I can’t seem to find his center of gravity. Plus he’s heavy and not very cooperative. At least he doesn’t seem to be in any pain. I wonder how a couple of saddle girths would work?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
At work today I saw/heard people complaining "no bread" 😁

Yeah Debby is coming thru but guys, it's only heavy rain! We've had t-storms that were worse. Yes, be prepared but this isn't that bad to fill carts with everything you can imagine :hu Oh, well. Guess they haven't watched the weather news for past week :rolleyes:

Just stay home, bake bread. Have soup. 🤪🤐

Skiesblue

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Skiesblue im glad Smitty is able to hop around a little. I guess he’s peeing or he’d have a serious bladder issue by now.
He’s exiting the garage to relieve himself outside. But not steady enough to resume normal life. This afternoon he took an ominous turn, as we were moving him after a bath, a front leg failed. He’s as comfortable as I can get him but sanitation, digestion, and logistics tell me it’s that time.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
It’s hard to make that decision. I don’t envy you. Smitty (autocorrect changed that yo Snotty) is a good boy and he doesn’t understand why, he just struggles to do what he can, but it’s not enough. Big hugs to you and give Smitty an ear scratch from his Aunt Baymule.