Coffee anyone ?

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy late morning. I’ve been an absolute slacker lately. I’ve done some hiking with Moses, Caddo and the sheep. Everyone is getting along great. Moses overnights with the sheep now. He has a get away in case. I thought we might be lambing now but nope. Hubbs is contemplating a different car for me. He had to drive mine and learned all its issues. Including the delightful aroma of unlocatable deceased critter. Also no ac/heat or fan. Can’t charge a phone. Gas gage reads empty and check engine light is On. Runs fine otherwise. My theory is an elderly ninja rat, sensing impending death, infiltrated the engine area and went on a precision chewing bender. When finished it found the most inaccessible cranny and expired messily. I cleaned all I could reach but couldn’t discover Master Splinter’s resting place. I found out Irish Spring soap is not a deterrent. In fact it’s delicious. Anyhow different car, maybe. I’m thinking about a Halloween Thread. Or a Weird Tales thread.

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
A few years ago I drove a car that was a true challenge. After an ill advised towing incident, shifting into reverse blew the fuse that controlled headlights, ac/fans and turn indicators. So I carried fuses. It had other idiosyncrasies I wish I could remember. I never locked it because only those in the know could start it. :p

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Happy late morning. I’ve been an absolute slacker lately. I’ve done some hiking with Moses, Caddo and the sheep. Everyone is getting along great. Moses overnights with the sheep now. He has a get away in case. I thought we might be lambing now but nope. Hubbs is contemplating a different car for me. He had to drive mine and learned all its issues. Including the delightful aroma of unlocatable deceased critter. Also no ac/heat or fan. Can’t charge a phone. Gas gage reads empty and check engine light is On. Runs fine otherwise. My theory is an elderly ninja rat, sensing impending death, infiltrated the engine area and went on a precision chewing bender. When finished it found the most inaccessible cranny and expired messily. I cleaned all I could reach but couldn’t discover Master Splinter’s resting place. I found out Irish Spring soap is not a deterrent. In fact it’s delicious. Anyhow different car, maybe. I’m thinking about a Halloween Thread. Or a Weird Tales thread.
My check engine light is a constant with my Accord. Every so often I stop at my mechanic's on the way home and let him plug in the computer. It's usually the stupid gas cap sensor. Replacement didn't fix the issue so I ignore the light as long as the car is running fine. It has 330k miles on the odometer.

We had an Acclaim with a faulty sensor. We put a piece of paper over the warning light and kept driving.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve had my second cup of coffee. Company came in yesterday evening with 2 dogs. Buford hates them and barks at the intruders. There is a driveway separating them. This is HIS farm and he keeps telling them to go away. Carson is anxious about sharing his house and yard. Their elderly weiner dog has peed the floor twice, I guess he’s anxious about a hulking huge monster of a dog that lives here. This is gonna be an interesting weekend. LOL

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I’ve had my second cup of coffee. Company came in yesterday evening with 2 dogs. Buford hates them and barks at the intruders. There is a driveway separating them. This is HIS farm and he keeps telling them to go away. Carson is anxious about sharing his house and yard. Their elderly weiner dog has peed the floor twice, I guess he’s anxious about a hulking huge monster of a dog that lives here. This is gonna be an interesting weekend. LOL
I have gone to visit family many times, but never even considered bringing my dog. :\

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Home all week & tractor in sick Bay 😩 waiting on parts....rings on pistons at crankshaft, I think. Not able to use, anyway. Excellent engine but waiting on orig parts. Seems I was supposed to have bought a Kubota of I wanted such things locally :hide :idunno so I wait. Wasting good weather.

Only 48 last night, hope those tomato plants thought it was ok. I know it was cold in the house all day ... 64 this morn, like yesterday. I actually turned on the mattress pad heater last night so I could stop shivering & go to sleep! Cold sheets 😱. I'm really bad with cold. Southern gal here. Pulled all my lighter, warmer, fluffy barn jackets & vests to wash up & hang in sunshine today. Need to be ready!! All the heavy stuff is done & boxed. Plenty of flannel jeans -- my BFFs. :old get old, ya get cold.

fuzzi

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Home all week & tractor in sick Bay 😩 waiting on parts....rings on pistons at crankshaft, I think. Not able to use, anyway. Excellent engine but waiting on orig parts. Seems I was supposed to have bought a Kubota of I wanted such things locally :hide :idunno so I wait. Wasting good weather.

Only 48 last night, hope those tomato plants thought it was ok. I know it was cold in the house all day ... 64 this morn, like yesterday. I actually turned on the mattress pad heater last night so I could stop shivering & go to sleep! Cold sheets 😱. I'm really bad with cold. Southern gal here. Pulled all my lighter, warmer, fluffy barn jackets & vests to wash up & hang in sunshine today. Need to be ready!! All the heavy stuff is done & boxed. Plenty of flannel jeans -- my BFFs. :old get old, ya get cold.
About 40° this morning, woke up early with cold legs and feet, dug out blankets for the bed.

I've been cleaning out my closets for Hurricane Helene victims, and rediscovering I have too many coats. They're getting aired or washed, and after I pick out a couple the rest can go.

This morning I splurged, ordered a twin silk-filled comforter for myself, silk because down is too warm for this area, and twin because my dh is a bed covers hog. :plbb

Latest posts