Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not a regular on the coffee thread, but I’m just sitting here with an injured knee catching up on everyone’s journals.

Was trying to catch a goose with a net Friday evening when something in my knee made a snapping sound and feeling, and I immediately lost my ability to use that leg. Had to get down and crawl on my hands and knees, which fortunately I was able to do.

X-rays revealed nothing broken (yay!) and now I’m waiting on a call back from the orthopedist to schedule a follow up appointment and probably an MRI. ER doc said probably torn meniscus. Not allowed to walk on it. (Can’t anyway) But I can use crutches, and I have a nice rolling desk chair that has come in handy. I have a whole new respect for people in wheel chairs!

It’s been improving with each day, so I imagine by the time I get an ortho appointment, I’ll be walking in normally. I can already stand on it; I just can’t put enough weight on it to lift the good foot off the ground.

I had a life of ease over the weekend but tomorrow I will probably be back to doing chores hobbling on crutches.🩼 🪣 🐓
Better to stay off it as much as possible..

WAY easier said than done.

Also, WOW, sounds nasty and painful! So sorry! :hugs

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like a tear - and a quite a tear at that. Tore mine, but kept on going and going. Finally got it checked, had surgery to trim it. Good as new after PT.
Sorry it happened, but it's better than a break.