Colorado

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Thought I would go ahead and post here, We are moving to Calhan, CO in 2 months. (East of the springs) We are taking the goats with us, it's about 28 hours of driving, so it should be fun. We sold all our chickens and ducks already.. I sure miss them =/ anyway, I just wanted to say hi, and share a video I took yesterday of the goats :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmTzcEZCjP4&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy :D

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome to Colorado! We moved here last year and just love it. Safe driving to CO and hope you'll have a fun ride with all the kids (two and four legged)!

catnipfamily

Just born
Reaction score
Hi, we're in southern El Paso County and we're just getting started in goats with an alpine/ober doe & her ober mom. We also raise Speckled Sussex & are working on a project to breed black broilers. We are on the look out also for a friendly, younger pygmy doe or doeling for 4-H. Not sure what else to say, but we're glad to have found BYH. We're normally on BYC and this is the first time here. Nice to meet everyone here. :)

farmerlor

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Welcome! I'm Lor and will be kinda sorta your neighbor as we live a north and west of Calhan. We have Beautiful Giant Cochins that come from show stock. I have some Porter Bronze turkeys and some S and S Bourbon Turkeys. We're just starting to branch out into mini Jersey cows and I'm currently waiting for my first freshening. We also have goats that I was GOING to use to help feed the calf but they don't seem interested in having their babies.

Kitsara

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Welcome to BYH catnip :) I'm east of you, out on the plains. I do enjoy Pygmy's :) I've a myotonic Pygmy buck myself. But the kids I'll be having this year will only be half. None of my does are pygmy's. Though I'm going to try and talk one out of the lady I got my buck from if she has any doe kids. So far she's just had bucklings.

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
Things didn't go as planned on our move, but I think it has all worked out in the end. We found a house in Penrose, CO. (About half way between Canon City and Pueblo West) It's an old farm house built in 1920, and has 5 acres with it. The field is planted in alfalfa hay and yields about 8 tons per cutting, and 3 cuttings a year. We have a little work to do before we can move in our little pair of pet goats, but it shouldn't take too long. We are looking around for a new pair of Nubian Does, if anyone is kidding soon, let us know :)

I have a facebook page that I am going to keep updated about the farm. I will be taking pictures of all the projects and building that I will be doing. Not all of it will be goats, we will be getting another flock of chickens, some ducks, and maybe some other critters as well. We have been discussing a pair of cows (Dexters or Jerseys) but that will be a while down the road.

You can check out the farm page here, http://www.facebook.com/McQueenFamilyFarms

And if anyone has (or is planning on having) a nice pair of dairy goats in the area, let me know. I may also be interested in some chickens and ducks (possibly a couple of turkeys as well)

Thanks guys :)

Catahoula

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Hey CoffeeCow, Just 'Liked' your FB page. There is a breeder in Parker my neighbor got a Nubian from http://samhourifarm.com/index.html Debbie Samhouri is also a vet and practice in Parker. If anything, it is worth a farm visit. They have lots of animals. Right now she has at least 3 nubian doelings and are expecting more kids in a few months. I have couple friends who breeds Lamancha or Lamancha cross if you change your mind. They are near you. My neighbor's nubian may be pregnant. She also has an Alpine bred to Nigerian. Take Care and Congratulations on finding your new home!

CoffeeCow

Chillin' with the herd
Reaction score
My wife is a veterinarian as well (Small animal practice, but she has branched out to cover our animals), she is working in the Springs. Thanks for the info :)