ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
One of the chickens didn't come to the coop tonight :( If she's not out and about in the morning I'll have to scour the field for her. I hate the thought of possibly having lost another one to this illness or to a predator.

Oh, and the stupid ducks went straight into the coop tonight! Yep, I hate those ducks. If they weren't my mom's "pets" then they would be in the freezer.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
elevan said:
One of the chickens didn't come to the coop tonight :( If she's not out and about in the morning I'll have to scour the field for her. I hate the thought of possibly having lost another one to this illness or to a predator.

Oh, and the stupid ducks went straight into the coop tonight! Yep, I hate those ducks. If they weren't my mom's "pets" then they would be in the freezer.
I hate to hear about your chicken I hope it is ok.

not funny but your chickens needed to read RTG journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Ok guys this is gonna sound really weird but it's intended for one possible reader of this journal...

:frow

Hi there Eddie. You put me into the doghouse cause you're reading this :) You kind of slipped up when you mentioned Jerry and you either got it from here or FB cause she said she never mentioned him...but since you asked if she was sure she was ok and you also asked how I was then I'm betting you read it here ;) I'm pretty internet savvy so I know how easy it is to find information on here. Good for you for doing your homework I suppose...as long as you make her happy and don't hurt her. Looking forward to meeting you. Stay safe and travel safe. :D

redtailgal

Reaction score
:frow

Hiya Eddie! Welcome to Elevan's journal! She is a TRIP! Gotta love her! :love

Wait! I know, let me introduce you to my father-in-law........

FIL, this is Eddie. Eddie, this is my Father in law.

I'd bet that the two of you are going to have a very quiet conversation!.

:lol: :gig

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I found our missing hen this morning. Dead. Obviously since last night, so I'll count the loss as part of November. Problem is that I can't tell if she was killed or if she died of this illness and then was scavenged. From the looks of her I'm gonna guess that she was scavenged. Her one side was completely ate off (skin...feathers next to the body) and all internal organs were ate except for the liver, intestines and brain. Her eye on that side was also missing. I'll know for sure when I do a head count tonight but I think it was our turken hen. If so then DH is gonna be disappointed because he really liked her (I wasn't a fan). It's a sad loss but since it wasn't one of my "pets" then I'm not crying over it.

On a good news front - Daisy is getting super close. Her ligs are gone (at least I can't feel them) and her rump is raised / hunched up, udder is full and vulva is opening. I still don't think it will be today (based on past experience) but it will be this week I'm pretty sure of that. So keep those fingers crossed - PINK - PINK - PINK I'll keep you posted on her.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Yes, definately counts as a November issue.

But no worries, today is December, and everything is gonna be great this month.

Yup. :D

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
sorry about your hen :hugs

I agree with RTG December will be great :fl thinking pink for you too

so tell everyone of your animals that today starts your 24 hours of PEACE

love070.gif