ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I gave each of my goaties a kiss in celebration tonight...even the stinky boys :p
Chickens each got a chin scratch too...takes a while with that many birds! :cool:

An update on critters:
Miss Flufferbottom is large and in charge of that nest. I just wish she'd let the other girls use the neighboring boxes. I can hardly wait to see what fluff balls hatch out...8 more days :D
DH told me tonight when we discussed calling off the sale that he wants to keep the guineas (after I told him I'm probably gonna trim the chickens a little) cause he thinks they're funny and cute. I reminded him that I planned to eat them...he was kind of crest fallen and said "I know". :rolleyes: I don't know if we're gonna eat the guineas now or not!
Goldie didn't kid and is now acting in heat...so I guess she's gonna get penned up with a buck cause breeding her via dates just isn't working.
Elsie is also acting in heat again...so we'll pen her with a buck too.
Jerry (our llama) has started spending the past few evenings in the barn - much to Maggie's (goat) delight. She may be a month shy of a year old but she still loves to ride the llama around! Of course he seems to enjoy it as much as she does.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Livinwright Farm said:
elevan said:
I am after all a partly red-headed German American with Cherokee and Ute blood...I gotta a pretty quick temper to say the least :rolleyes:
Okay... where is the zipping my lips closed smiley? :hide :lol: :love you Emily! :D
You know when I read that "partly red-headed" - it just sounds odd. I'm a strawberry blonde and sometimes I look more red and sometimes more blonde. I've got hazel eyes too so even those can deceive you. DH says I'm a mixed up mess - but he loves this mixed up mess!

And yeah I'll admit it - I need a lip zipper at times :lol:

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
Livinwright Farm said:
elevan said:
I am after all a partly red-headed German American with Cherokee and Ute blood...I gotta a pretty quick temper to say the least :rolleyes:
Okay... where is the zipping my lips closed smiley? :hide :lol: :love you Emily! :D
You know when I read that "partly red-headed" - it just sounds odd. I'm a strawberry blonde and sometimes I look more red and sometimes more blonde. I've got hazel eyes too so even those can deceive you. DH says I'm a mixed up mess - but he loves this mixed up mess!

And yeah I'll admit it - I need a lip zipper at times :lol:

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
elevan said:
jodief100 said:
Sounds like my mother. Pushes you as far as she can, then when she realizes she went too far she tries to act nice so she can push you further. Or she realizes she went to far but won't admit she was wrong so pretends it never happened.
Yeah, that's exactly it. And I'd probably place bets that my grandma set her straight.

So for now, we can dance and celebrate that Honaker Farm is NOT gonna have to sell our animals! :weee

It's been a rough weekend for me folks...I think I need a drink! I'm gonna go hug some goats and chickens instead :D

It's Sunday which means POW day... :love

Thank you again everyone for your support - the outpouring of hugs - the offers to buy critters even though you don't need them - and so much more. I love you guys!
What are your requirements for farm purchase and price range? I sadly enjoy looking for farms and might just find a gem for ya.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I'm more along the lines of estate auctions...very frugal. Just this past Saturday a nice little farm around the corner went for $35,000...nothing wrong with it...just how auctions go.

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Now if the greater populace could take some lessons from the way this little COMMUNITY works our respective countries would not be in the mess they are in.

happy to hear the news today. :bun