ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
When someone who has put as much into farming, animal care and support of other farmers/animal owners is in a situation like this how would you not expect such an outpouring. I haven't been on the forums super long but I've certainly picked up that you are part of the lifeblood.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I think that I'm gonna go INSANE! Or maybe my mother already has...

Today she comes in and is acting super nice to me and pretending as if she never said anything...she just came back from spending the day with my Grandma (who is a great woman). My mother brought me a bunch of veggies and even went out and bought me a new double headed shower head because she knows I don't like my shower.

:barnie The past 2 days she's been less than a dream to be around...

I'm so confused. She even brought some veggie scraps specifically for my animals...

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like my mother. Pushes you as far as she can, then when she realizes she went too far she tries to act nice so she can push you further. Or she realizes she went to far but won't admit she was wrong so pretends it never happened.

No idea what to tell you. Maybe she will never bring it up again. Maybe your Grandmother said something to her. Maybe things will work out. Or maybe she will blow up again in a few days and you are back at the beginning.

I would put off the sale for now. If things work out you still have your animals. If not, you are no worse off than you are now. What do you have to loose?

I wish y'all could just come and live with us for awhile. :hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
Sounds like my mother. Pushes you as far as she can, then when she realizes she went too far she tries to act nice so she can push you further. Or she realizes she went to far but won't admit she was wrong so pretends it never happened.
Yeah, that's exactly it. And I'd probably place bets that my grandma set her straight.

So for now, we can dance and celebrate that Honaker Farm is NOT gonna have to sell our animals! :weee

It's been a rough weekend for me folks...I think I need a drink! I'm gonna go hug some goats and chickens instead :D

It's Sunday which means POW day... :love

Thank you again everyone for your support - the outpouring of hugs - the offers to buy critters even though you don't need them - and so much more. I love you guys!

Ms. Research

Herd Nerd On A Mission
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Stand your ground, Babe! Hopefully it will only be a year, and it would be worth it to not have to start over. We will all be here for you thru the whole time!

I really hope to see your next post going something like this:
NOTICE! I am not selling a dangum thing. The Honaker farm is here to stay PERIOD, and anyone who doesnt like it can just KISS IT!
:weee

X2 on that whole dangum thing. Sometimes it's ok to eat just a little dirt to keep what you want. Don't STOP! Don't LEAVE! FULL THROTTLE!

And I say this because I'M being selfish. You got me going on this, you aren't giving up now because someone has their own problem to deal with and throws them on you.

:thumbsup

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Ms. Research said:
redtailgal said:
Stand your ground, Babe! Hopefully it will only be a year, and it would be worth it to not have to start over. We will all be here for you thru the whole time!

I really hope to see your next post going something like this:
NOTICE! I am not selling a dangum thing. The Honaker farm is here to stay PERIOD, and anyone who doesnt like it can just KISS IT!
:weee

X2 on that whole dangum thing. Sometimes it's ok to eat just a little dirt to keep what you want. A year will fly by. Don't STOP! Don't LEAVE! FULL THROTTLE!

And I say this because I'M being selfish. You got me going on this, you aren't giving up now because someone has their own problem to deal with and throws them on you.

:thumbsup
ok...here goes...

*************************************************************************************************************

*************************************************************************************************************

:lol: I don't drink coffee but a bourbon on the rocks sounds real nice about now!

She offered me ice cream tonight...in a conspiratorial way after I put the kids to bed ???? I know mom is about due to hit menopause and maybe that's the issue...I went through it myself 8 years ago (surgical) and I know I was a royal witch the first 6 months...maybe that's it. My daddy always used to say we were a lot alike and always acted as a buffer between us...hopefully I can keep peace. I am after all a partly red-headed German American with Cherokee and Ute blood...I gotta a pretty quick temper to say the least :rolleyes:

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Glad to hear that things seem to be settling down. I was shocked to hear about all this. I always look forward to your answers when I post a question, b/c I know you are very knowledgeable about farming and goats. I hope it all continues to go well for you and y'all are able to buy your own farm soon.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
elevan said:
I am after all a partly red-headed German American with Cherokee and Ute blood...I gotta a pretty quick temper to say the least :rolleyes:
Okay... where is the zipping my lips closed smiley? :hide :lol: :love you Emily! :D