ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Come down here to Kentucky with us! The Commonwealth is much nicer to it's farmer's than Ohio is.

I am glad you made a decision and are sticking to your guns! Family can be so trying sometimes. I remember my sister calling me once in the middle of a workday when my Mom was visiting her. I picked up the phone and I hear " Help me, I am going to kill her!" about 3 times. I had to ask if she wanted my help to talk her out of it or if she wanted me to bring over a shovel?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
DH will be starting a new job soon and they had offered him a position in Iowa...but we're not ready to pick up and go that far...yet. So he took a spot in north central Ohio. The company is looking to expand 5 fold in the next couple of years.

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
I hope NH is not on the list of "I will not live in" states :) Southern Nh is warmer than my part of the sate, and has most of the state's livestock veterinarians. Lots of good land down that way too. Plus I would love having you in the same state! From Cheshire county to Carroll county is roughly 2.5-3.5 hrs depending on what part of the counties you start & end in. :) Lots of beautiful cheap farm properties over in Effingham, NH that have at least 17 acres.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Guys - Please pray for my sweet hen Lucky! She was the lone survivor of a mink attack that killed my first batch of chickens. She didn't come to the coop tonight and we've been unable to find her. :( It's now completely dark - I can only hope she shows up in the morning. :fl