ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

Queen Mum

N.E.R.D.
Reaction score
with really dark meat and a strong chicken flavor, does it smoke well? It seems that it would be great smoked. MMMM, I am thinking YUM, it looks so good...

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Queen Mum said:
with really dark meat and a strong chicken flavor, does it smoke well? It seems that it would be great smoked. MMMM, I am thinking YUM, it looks so good...
No idea on smoking :hu this was my first experience cooking or eating guinea.

Most of the meat is on the legs and thighs, which makes sense cause those guineas run all over the place. There is quite a bit of meat on the wings too. Very little breast meat.

Roll farms

Spot Master
Reaction score
OK, I read that as "Taste the guinea PIG 76"

I was thinking, "Now she's gone too far. She's never getting near my Cavy. EVER."

marlowmanor

Reaction score
Roll farms said:

I was thinking, "Now she's gone too far. She's never getting near my Cavy. EVER."
:yuckyuck :gig

Well there are cultures of people who eat guinea pigs! :hide

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
marlowmanor said:
Roll farms said:

:yuckyuck :gig

Well there are cultures of people who eat guinea pigs! :hide
:lol:

Cuy (guinea pigs) as the Ecuadorans call them are the main staple meat in Ecuadoran indigenous peoples.

As long as they were served without the head, I would certainly try it. For anyone interested in reading more or seeing pictures of roasted guinea pigs you can go to this travel journal and read of the experience of a family who set out to Ecuador and sampled some guinea pig.

So Roll - your Cavy has nothing to fear as long as it doesn't find itself on a spit and roasted :p

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Set a live trap last night to try to catch our quail killer. Trap was sprung this morning and the bait was half ate :( Gonna have to secure the trap better and reset tonight. I am determined to catch the menace...it's come back at least twice now - time to end this.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
You are making me hungry! What did you serve with the guniea? I recognize it but can't place it?

Stinkin diet! (goes to pout and kick rocks)

Livinwright Farm

Goat Fancier
Reaction score
Sorry to read about your quail trio... I think raccoon or a fisher is a safe bet. Hope you get it and are able to eliminate the problem.

That guinea looks yummy :drool Looks like a cous cous stuffing... what's in it? or is it a top secret recipe?

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
jodief100 said:
You are making me hungry! What did you serve with the guniea? I recognize it but can't place it?

Stinkin diet! (goes to pout and kick rocks)
It was tri color couscous and frenched green beans.