ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
77Herford said:
elevan said:
Ugh! Awake at 1:40 am... that 4 hour nap did not do me any good :( My stomach is acting up again and I feel like I've got a hole burning through me. I'm beginning to fear that I'm not gonna be able to eat tomatoes or anything with them in it. That would really suck rocks. Gonna have to get some sleep cause I've got noodles to make, bread and pies to bake tomorrow.
Do you use any meds for your stomach. I use Prevacid every day and probably couldn't live without it.
I use Prilosec to shut off the acid and Carafate to buffer my stomach...both are Rx strength even though the Prilosec is available OTC at a low dose I need a high dose. I have to take both twice a day but still have bad days :(

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Fluffer came running out of the coop this morning at top speed with the rest of the group! :weee

redtailgal

Reaction score
YAY! Mrs Flufferbottom. Poor girl. Guess she was just having "a day"

My grandmother would insist that you should have some hot ground ginger tea each and every morning morning, if she were alive. Do you like ginger?

Her ginger tea was wonderful. SHe would grind or finely chop fresh ginger, and steep in it hot water for about 10 minutes, strain it out and sweeten it with a little honey.

Lol, when I was little I would fake a belly ache to get some of her tea.

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
YAY! Mrs Flufferbottom. Poor girl. Guess she was just having "a day"

My grandmother would insist that you should have some hot ground ginger tea each and every morning morning, if she were alive. Do you like ginger?

Her ginger tea was wonderful. SHe would grind or finely chop fresh ginger, and steep in it hot water for about 10 minutes, strain it out and sweeten it with a little honey.

Lol, when I was little I would fake a belly ache to get some of her tea.
I LOVE ginger. I have a bag of dehydrated ginger root slices in the cabinet and a tube of minced ginger root in the fridge. I also have peach ginger tea bags in the cabinet.

I know that ginger is good for nausea (which I do have frequently) but what else is it going to do for my stomach? My stomach lining is pretty well shot :( Docs don't know why either.

redtailgal

Reaction score
Well, I dont know that it will do anything. I do know that granny insisted that it was the best thing for a stomach, despite the cause. She did have some problems with heartburn and drank the ginger tea. Her heartburn came back, so it wasnt a cure, but it must have helped her (or at least she thought it did, lol). She would insist that you try the ginger tea. Honestly, I dont know if it would do a thing other than taste good. I dont know that it wont either, though. Lotsa help I am!

:hugs

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
redtailgal said:
Well, I dont know that it will do anything. I do know that granny insisted that it was the best thing for a stomach, despite the cause. She did have some problems with heartburn and drank the ginger tea. Her heartburn came back, so it wasnt a cure, but it must have helped her (or at least she thought it did, lol). She would insist that you try the ginger tea. Honestly, I dont know if it would do a thing other than taste good. I dont know that it wont either, though. Lotsa help I am!

:hugs
Well I do drink the peach ginger tea cause it tastes good and add ginger when I can to foods cause it tastes good :D And I pop a piece in my mouth at times when the nausea doesn't warrant taking a medication for it.

redtailgal

Reaction score
One of the whole foods stores around here sell dehydrated ginger that has crystalized.

Man oh man, is that stuff good.

Expensive as all get out but GO_OO_OOD

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
I order stuff like that from Nuts Online. Great company and super fast delivery.