ELeVan ~ Honaker Farm Journal

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Fluffer did not come to the coop tonight. DH just found her in the middle of the field.

She spent most of the day happily chasing bugs as I watched her through the window every chance I got. I know that her last day was a happy one. She leaves behind 7 little chicken nuggets who are currently cuddling to Frieda and Hilda.

Rest in peace dear sweet Miss Flufferbottom. You will be missed.

:hit

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Oh no I am sorry to here this news. :hit I am happy her last day was spent doing what chickens do best and that the nuggets have foster moms to cuddle up to. I wonder what happened to her??? R.I.P Miss FB

SmallFarmGirl

Smiley Crazy
Reaction score
elevan said:
Fluffer did not come to the coop tonight. DH just found her in the middle of the field.

She spent most of the day happily chasing bugs as I watched her through the window every chance I got. I know that her last day was a happy one. She leaves behind 7 little chicken nuggets who are currently cuddling to Frieda and Hilda.

Rest in peace dear sweet Miss Flufferbottom. You will be missed.

:hit
:hugs that is so sad ..

redtailgal

Reaction score
I am so sorry.

I have loved your stories and photos about her, it was plain to see that you cared for her.

:hugs

Enjoy her babies, they were a wonderful gift for her to leave for you.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
:( I am very sorry to hear this news. Sounds like you have had a tough week on your farm. Keep your chin up, things will get better. :hugs

that's*satyrical

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:( Poor flufferbottom. At least you still have her little ones & foster mommies to care for them, but it's still sad :(

elevan

Critter Addict ♥
Reaction score
Thank you everyone. When I decided to get chickens, DH looked at me and said "They're all yours and you're gonna take care of them" He said this because he has always had a minor fear of birds. But the chickens endeared themselves to him and suddenly they became "his girls". Fluffer was DH's "chicken dog". They were a team and he loved her very much. It was so hard to see this man that I love so much crumble over the loss of his precious hen. DH rarely cries but Fluffer's death took him to his knees. It amazes me sometimes how attached you can become to an animal.