Ginger's kidding thread

madcow

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
:hit Guys, Ernie had a fluky reaction to the injection he got this morning. We ran him back to the vet and they couldn't do anything to save him. It wasn't an allergic reaction. They think what happened was where the injection went in it got inflamed very quickly and put pressure on the vagal nerve. The vagal nerve controls heart rate, and blood pressure and it caused both to plummet and it wouldn't come back. Needless to say, I'm really sad at the loss of one of my first babies. He was such a cute, sweet baby, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Edna is doing really well. She actually looks better right now than this morning and I'm thankful for that. Ernie had never quite looked right, and was so much weaker than Edna from the beginning.

marlowmanor

Reaction score
madcow said:
:hit Guys, Ernie had a fluky reaction to the injection he got this morning. We ran him back to the vet and they couldn't do anything to save him. It wasn't an allergic reaction. They think what happened was where the injection went in it got inflamed very quickly and put pressure on the vagal nerve. The vagal nerve controls heart rate, and blood pressure and it caused both to plummet and it wouldn't come back. Needless to say, I'm really sad at the loss of one of my first babies. He was such a cute, sweet baby, but I guess it wasn't meant to be. Edna is doing really well. She actually looks better right now than this morning and I'm thankful for that. Ernie had never quite looked right, and was so much weaker than Edna from the beginning.
:hit So sorry about Ernie. :hugs

ragdollcatlady

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about your Ernie! :hugs

I am glad your little Edna is doing better.

Just curious...did the vet say what he saw that caused him to believe Ginger was deficient? I thought it was pretty difficult to tell in adults....I just figured it was a giveaway that if my babies were deficient, mom must be too.

Fluffygal

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
sorry to hear you lost the little guy. :hugs :hugs
Glad the little girl is doing good.